Stuck on black screen with cursor

IproZ

Hi! I've been struggling with this issue for a few hours now. PC boots perfectly fine in safe mode but after rebooting into normal mode, after lock screen the screen just turns black and i can only see my cursor. Can't open anything including task manager. Power cycling and uninstalling GPU drivers didn't fix the issue, but i was able to use it for around 5 reboots while reinstalling the drivers but the issue came back. Tried chkdsk, SFC scannow and dism commands which all found no issues and didn't really do anything. Also a rollback fixed it temporarily, and after another cold bootup it just started happening again and my rollback disappeared which I'm assuming is because i uninstalled the latest quality update. Any help would be appreciated!

11 minutes ago, IproZ said:

Hi! I've been struggling with this issue for a few hours now. PC boots perfectly fine in safe mode but after rebooting into normal mode, after lock screen the screen just turns black and i can only see my cursor. Can't open anything including task manager. Power cycling and uninstalling GPU drivers didn't fix the issue, but i was able to use it for around 5 reboots while reinstalling the drivers but the issue came back. Tried chkdsk, SFC scannow and dism commands which all found no issues and didn't really do anything. Also a rollback fixed it temporarily, and after another cold bootup it just started happening again and my rollback disappeared which I'm assuming is because i uninstalled the latest quality update. Any help would be appreciated!

Is maybe explorer not started up? How did you try opening task manager? You can open it by pressing ctrl+shift+esc. From there you can go to "run new task" and type explorer there

Just now, DreamCat04 said:

Is maybe explorer not started up? How did you try opening task manager? You can open it by pressing ctrl+shift+esc. From there you can go to "run new task" and type explorer there

I tried with that shortcut and nothing happens, just a loading icon for a split second and it disappears. Even with Ctrl alt delete won't open. Also scanned for malware and found nothing.

Try Ctrl + Shift + P twice, then hit Enter.

Wait 10 sec, if nothing, repeat another time.

If still no progress try: Win + Ctrl + Shift + B, this makes Windows reinitialize the GPU drivers.