Gigabyte 3070ti has green lines on screen, sometimes doesn't have picture, and instantly hangs on stress test

Dougarooo
Go to solution Solved by RAS_3885,

RMA. If it's happening in the BIOS too it's not a software issue.

Purchased a new 3070ti and after installing it I either get no post or post with green lines on the screen, even in bios. If I run 3DMark it gets to the graphics test 1 or 2 sometimes and then crashes and just shows me a black screen till I restart the computer.

Trying to see if I'm missing something and if I can fix it before I RMA it.

Just so you know: I have put my old graphics card in the computer and have no issues, yes I have individual cables for both 8-pins (no splitter), and I am not overclocking as it's fresh out of the box.

I fix computers for a government that is garbage. I'm also a certified security professional according to Comptia

Using my paycheck on computer parts and alcohol and since this is a tech form I'll help with computer stuff I guess

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

18 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Yeah I was thinking that if I'm not even in windows yet it can't be drivers making bios have green lines. Tried different DP cables and monitors so I know it's not them.

18 minutes ago, paulober said:

Sounds for me you got either a card with factory defect or you got scamed.

Must be factory defect. Got from newegg with warranty so just gonna RMA it.

15 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Make sure it's firmly seated in the slot. 

RMA it if issues continue.

Yeah I thought I was going crazy and reseated it like 4 times. Even tried it in a different computer and got the same issues. Just gonna RMA, thanks!

I fix computers for a government that is garbage. I'm also a certified security professional according to Comptia

Using my paycheck on computer parts and alcohol and since this is a tech form I'll help with computer stuff I guess

Bad luck. Hopefully the RMA process is smooth and quick.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

The only other thing you could try is putting that GPU in a completely different system. Otherwise, I agree on the RMA sentiment. 

18 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

The only other thing you could try is putting that GPU in a completely different system. Otherwise, I agree on the RMA sentiment. 

Yeah I tried it in another system (the one I borrowed the graphics card from) and it has the same issue so I know it's not power supply or cable issues. Just wanted to see if anyone knew of some other work around or would bring up something I missed. Thanks!