Window's partition problems.

So seems i am a bit lost here. so little back story had a old am3 platform and i upgraded to am4 with a m.2 ssd + keeping old drives ( 2.5" ssd for boot + couple mech drives for bulk). when i first booted the system up after upgrading it worked fine using my original boot drive all i did was update and change drivers for new hardware. now i installed a m.2 ssd and went to transfer my data off my boot drive to my new m.2 ssd useing Aomei partition software. it did its thing during pre os start up it says it completed with no errors. so i went into my bios set my boot drive to my new m.2 and when i did my first start after this it took some time and still booted off of my origianl 2.5 ssd boot and now my c: is pinned at 100% with no process doing anything that i can see besides system, also created a G: H: i: drive? and is very slow compared to how it was running before i transfered. i normally would just do i clean install but this time i wanted to see if i could just transfer as i have about 1tb of games on it and not the greatest internet. if someone could give some input that would be great 🙂

ltt help 1.png

ltt help 2.png

test to make sure you dont have a corrupted copy by removing the original 2.5 inch ssd for a test boot otherwise redo the copy and possibly look into a drive cloning dock.

Or, if at all feasible, grab the auth key for your current copy of windows and install fresh. Always nice to do some digital spring cleaning and you'd be surprised what accumulates on a drive over time

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

15 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Or, if at all feasible, grab the auth key for your current copy of windows and install fresh. Always nice to do some digital spring cleaning and you'd be surprised what accumulates on a drive over time

yeah i was kinda thinking that, iv got my main files transfered off to bulk and going to just do a fresh start with the 2 drives and clean them up at the same time. now any idea on how to clean up all these partitions that got created? 

43 minutes ago, xander.audio said:

test to make sure you dont have a corrupted copy by removing the original 2.5 inch ssd for a test boot otherwise redo the copy and possibly look into a drive cloning dock.

is that what the extra partitions are? the G: H: I: ? i dont have a cloning dock so going to have to fresh install and wipe both drives. 

15 hours ago, Twisted Owl said:

clean up all these partitions that got created?

Two paths: in windows use Hard Disk Partitions
image.png.55a68a355ef1011f0d789ae55698e3d8.png
or (and you'll have to do this for your old boot drive) when you are installing windows, you have to pick a partition to install to. On that screen you can delete partitions

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

5 hours ago, OddOod said:

Two paths: in windows use Hard Disk Partitions
image.png.55a68a355ef1011f0d789ae55698e3d8.png
or (and you'll have to do this for your old boot drive) when you are installing windows, you have to pick a partition to install to. On that screen you can delete partitions

I ended up doing a fresh install and used windows install to delete all the extra partitions and it runs amazing even better than before. I think due to just a bunch of junk slowing it down, spring cleaning went well lol 🤟 thanks for the recommendation.

23 hours ago, Twisted Owl said:

fresh install

Rad dude! I've never met someone who was properly prepared and regrets doing a clean install.