help with monitors

tdkid

this has been asked a few tiomes already so if someone can post one of them or give me some advice, that would be helpful

the issue is that my mom has a laptop for her work and she needs 3 screens. the laptop only has 1 HDMI port so to connect the other 2 screens we got a HDMI splitter but the laptop is only detecting 1 additional screen. the screens ID a 1 laptop and 2 both monitors.

trying to figure out how to make 1 of the monitors ID as 3 so all three can be used. 

sorry for any confusion.

Cannot be done.  HDMI split will not create distinct displays; only duplicate ones.

14 minutes ago, IPD said:

Cannot be done.  HDMI split will not create distinct displays; only duplicate ones.

didnt linus do something with making 16 4k monitors into 1 giant monitor?

That would also have to do with what the source is capable of, iirc.  And I would bet dollars to doughnuts that a "work laptop" isn't capable of that.

13 minutes ago, IPD said:

That would also have to do with what the source is capable of, iirc.  And I would bet dollars to doughnuts that a "work laptop" isn't capable of that.

that is kind of the set up she has at work as far as i can tell. 1 system running multiple monitors but cant go into too much detail about if because of what the job is. 

hey. the issue has been solved. parents decided to try a USB-C to HDMI adapter and it worked.