So I'm getting ready to order these parts but I would love for someone to go over it and tell me if anything is incompatible. I chose these parts mainly because of price. I already have a Fractal Design S36+ that is expandable so I can reuse the Radiator for this loop. I would really like to be able to use the ASRock OC Formula but EK says there's not a compatible block so I chose the Power Color Red Devil because it has the XTXH chip for higher clocks at least that's what I've been told. The PSU on the list is because currently only have an 850W NZXT PSU so I'm just doing a small upgrade if for nothing else for a little insurance and headroom, Plus if I decide to go higher end components later on I know I can reuse the PSU. Also I'm just gonna use the soft tubing for now just to get everything up and running and later on I will upgrade to rigid tubing and make it look really good, I just want function over form right now. I appreciate any and all help on this matter.

PSU:

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 220-P2-1200-X1 80+ PLATINUM 1200W

https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-220-p2-1200-x1-1200w/p/N82E16817438029?quicklink=true>

GPU Block:

EK-Quantum Vector RX 6800/6900 - Copper + Plexi

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-vector-rx-6800-6900-copper-plexi>

GPU:

PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate Gaming

https://www.newegg.com/powercolor-radeon-rx-6900-xt-axrx-6900xtu-16gbd6-3dhe-oc/p/N82E16814131785R?quicklink=true>

GPU Wish:

ASRock OC Formula Radeon RX 6900 XT

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-radeon-rx-6900-xt-rx6900xt-ocf-16g/p/N82E16814930057R>

EK Rad:

EK-CoolStream Classic SE 360

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-classic-se-360?___store=default>

Fans:

MetallicGear Skiron MG-F120P_BBK 120mm Case Fan

https://www.newegg.com/metallicgear-mg-f120p-bbk-case-fan/p/N82E16835709133?quicklink=true>

CPU Block:

EK-Quantum Velocity - Copper + Plexi

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-velocity-copper-plexi>

Pump/Res:

EK-Classic Pump Reservoir 260 SPC PWM D-RGB

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-classic-pump-reservoir-260-spc-pwm-d-rgb?___store=default>

Tubing:

EK-DuraClear 9,5/12,7mm 3M RETAIL

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-duraclear-9-5-12-7mm-3m-retail?___store=default>

Fittings:

EK-Classic STC 10/13 - Black

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-stc-classic-10-13-black-5503?___store=default>

Fan Splitter:

EK-Cable Y-Splitter 3-Fan PWM (10cm)

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cable-y-splitter-3-fan-pwm-10cm?___store=default>

Pump Adapter:

EK-Cable Pump testing adapter

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cable-pump-testing-adapter?___store=default>

Bridge (I know I can use a paper clip but this may come in handy):

EK-ATX Bridging Plug (24 pin)

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-atx-bridging-plug-24-pin?___store=default>

Fluid:

EK-CryoFuel Clear (Premix 1000mL)

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cryofuel-clear-premix-1000ml?___store=default

THOMAS

P.S. I hope that the format I put this in is acceptable!!

MSI Z490 CARBON FIBER  | i9-10850K@5.2Ghz @1.212v | ASRock OC Formula RX6900XT 16GB | 32GB G-Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz | Custom CPU and GPU Loop(EKWB, Bykski, Primochill) | EVGA Supernova P3 1200W | 2x 250GB Samsung 980 RAID-0 | 2x 500GB Samsung 870 EVO RAID-0 | 1x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 | 8x CM Sickle Flow 120mm Fans | Windows 11 64 Bit

First things first, that GPU block is specifically designed for the reference card, which the OC Formula and Red Devil Ultimate are definitely not. Either go for a different block or try and get the reference card if you want them to work together. 

Everything else looks fine, I'd probably swap the tubing out for the EK ZMT tubing because that stuff is way nicer than the DuraClear tubing for like $2 more. I've used both, and the only reason I see not to buy ZMT is that your local Micro Center doesn't have it in stock and you need it that night (or you're going hardline). It's that good. I'd probably also ditch the CryoFuel and just get distilled water and PT nuke, there's not really a reason to go for the premixed stuff unless you want it to have a cool color like some of the nano fluids (which have their own subset of problems).

Also, EVGA PSUs come with their own PSU tester (the bridging thing) that connects to the PSU directly, so you don't need to get the bridging plug. It's not that big a deal if you buy it, but it would be redundant (also the paperclip method is more than adequate for 95% of people). 

If you're going with the Red Devil Ultimate you'll wanna get this block:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-vector-red-devil-rx-6800-6900-d-rgb-nickel-plexi

The block you linked is for the reference cards.

I don't think EK have a block for the Asrock card, unless it shares the same PCB with another card.

I don't think a single slim 360 rad from EK will be enough for cpu+gpu.

Well it probably will be just don't expect the system to be quiet under load.

I run 2 of these rads to cool a 9900k + 6900XT (possibly slightly overkill but its quiet)

I would suggest waiting for EK to release their updated rads, or use a thicker/different brand rad.

Don't forget about a drain port.

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

First things first, that GPU block is specifically designed for the reference card, which the OC Formula and Red Devil Ultimate are definitely not. Either go for a different block or try and get the reference card if you want them to work together. 

Everything else looks fine, I'd probably swap the tubing out for the EK ZMT tubing because that stuff is way nicer than the DuraClear tubing for like $2 more. I've used both, and the only reason I see not to buy ZMT is that your local Micro Center doesn't have it in stock and you need it that night (or you're going hardline). It's that good. I'd probably also ditch the CryoFuel and just get distilled water and PT nuke, there's not really a reason to go for the premixed stuff unless you want it to have a cool color like some of the nano fluids (which have their own subset of problems).

Also, EVGA PSUs come with their own PSU tester (the bridging thing) that connects to the PSU directly, so you don't need to get the bridging plug. It's not that big a deal if you buy it, but it would be redundant (also the paperclip method is more than adequate for 95% of people). 

Ok I looked on EK's website and this is the list that came up on the block when I done a search. This is the link for that block https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-classic-gpu-water-block-rx-6800-6900-d-rgb

Will that block work with either of the 2 cards I listed?? And if not could you possibly help me find one to fit the ASRock OC Formula that's really the card I want to use. I've read a few articles on it and according to TweakTown they say it's the best one to buy. Oh and I don't care if it's an EK block either as long as it works and I don't have any problem with it. I also appreciate the help.

THOMAS

Screenshot_20220305-224925_Chrome.jpg

MSI Z490 CARBON FIBER  | i9-10850K@5.2Ghz @1.212v | ASRock OC Formula RX6900XT 16GB | 32GB G-Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz | Custom CPU and GPU Loop(EKWB, Bykski, Primochill) | EVGA Supernova P3 1200W | 2x 250GB Samsung 980 RAID-0 | 2x 500GB Samsung 870 EVO RAID-0 | 1x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 | 8x CM Sickle Flow 120mm Fans | Windows 11 64 Bit

3 minutes ago, TubbyTubb said:

Ok I looked on EK's website and this is the list that came up on the block when I done a search. This is the link for that block https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-classic-gpu-water-block-rx-6800-6900-d-rgb

Will that block work with either of the 2 cards I listed?? And if not could you possibly help me find one to fit the ASRock OC Formula that's really the card I want to use. I've read a few articles on it and according to TweakTown they say it's the best one to buy.

THOMAS

Screenshot_20220305-224925_Chrome.jpg

That block only fits the reference cards. Since both of those cards are custom PCBs, that block won't fit either one.

https://www.bykski.us/products/bykski-full-coverage-gpu-water-block-and-backplate-for-asrock-rx6900-xt-oc-formula-16g-a-ar6900xtocf-x

this block should fit the OC Formula. Bykski is a pretty good block manufacturer, not as big as EK and not quite the same performance, but it's still very good and seems to be the only block I can find for that card. If you want to go EKWB, get the Red Devil Ultimate since EK to my knowledge does produce a block for that card. 

That said, unless you're going to be doing very high end overclocking, both of those cards will perform very similar and either one will be fine. 

17 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That block only fits the reference cards. Since both of those cards are custom PCBs, that block won't fit either one.

https://www.bykski.us/products/bykski-full-coverage-gpu-water-block-and-backplate-for-asrock-rx6900-xt-oc-formula-16g-a-ar6900xtocf-x

this block should fit the OC Formula. Bykski is a pretty good block manufacturer, not as big as EK and not quite the same performance, but it's still very good and seems to be the only block I can find for that card. If you want to go EKWB, get the Red Devil Ultimate since EK to my knowledge does produce a block for that card. 

That said, unless you're going to be doing very high end overclocking, both of those cards will perform very similar and either one will be fine. 

Ok thanks man. I read some of the fine print on that site you posted and it said it was repair or replace only if for whatever reason that block doesn't fit they will not issue a refund.

So with that being said I will probably go with the Red Devil card since like you said EK definitely makes a block that is for that specific one. 

To answer your question yes I am planning on doing some Sub-Zero, Water, OC'ing on the card along with the CPU. I was really into that back in the day and would love to be able to do it again. 

I know I probably won't set any records or anything but it would be cool if I could at least score some points on HWBot lol. 

I have another question if you don't mind. The case I have the Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 came with a vertices mount and I know I would need to get a 4.0 riser cable for it to work.

I was wondering with it being mounted vertically if that would negate or at least mitigate some of the sweating it might do when I do the Sub-Zero cooling on it.

This will actually be the first GPU that I've water-cooled because the other cards I've had in the very distant past weren't worth trying to watercool, I've only done the Sub-Zero OC'ing on the CPUs I've had.

THOMAS

11 minutes ago, TubbyTubb said:

Ok thanks man. I read some of the fine print on that site you posted and it said it was repair or replace only if for whatever reason that block doesn't fit they will not issue a refund.

So with that being said I will probably go with the Red Devil card since like you said EK definitely makes a block that is for that specific one. 

To answer your question yes I am planning on doing some Sub-Zero, Water, OC'ing on the card along with the CPU. I was really into that back in the day and would love to be able to do it again. 

I know I probably won't set any records or anything but it would be cool if I could at least score some points on HWBot lol. 

I have another question if you don't mind. The case I have the Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 came with a vertices mount and I know I would need to get a 4.0 riser cable for it to work.

I was wondering with it being mounted vertically if that would negate or at least mitigate some of the sweating it might do when I do the Sub-Zero cooling on it.

This will actually be the first GPU that I've water-cooled because the other cards I've had in the very distant past weren't worth trying to watercool, I've only done the Sub-Zero OC'ing on the CPUs I've had.

THOMAS

If you're gonna go sub zero and you aren't gonna be cap modding the card, the OC Formula will definitely be the better GPU. You can just order the OC Formula block off Amazon so if it doesn't fit, you can return it super easily. If you can spare the extra cost, I'd go OC Formula with the Bykski block instead. 

As for vertical mounts being better or worse for condensation, I don't exactly have much experience with XOC and while I am planning on starting to try going sub ambient, I wouldn't exactly call myself an expert. A vertical mount in theory might be better, since the condensation wouldn't end up on the motherboard, but again, I'm not good with this so can't really say for certain. 

9 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If you're gonna go sub zero and you aren't gonna be cap modding the card, the OC Formula will definitely be the better GPU. You can just order the OC Formula block off Amazon so if it doesn't fit, you can return it super easily. If you can spare the extra cost, I'd go OC Formula with the Bykski block instead. 

As for vertical mounts being better or worse for condensation, I don't exactly have much experience with XOC and while I am planning on starting to try going sub ambient, I wouldn't exactly call myself an expert. A vertical mount in theory might be better, since the condensation wouldn't end up on the motherboard, but again, I'm not good with this so can't really say for certain. 

Ok awesome copy that. I've been looking at the ASRock OCF forever and I really want that one. I had a blonde moment LMAO I didn't think about getting it from somewhere else, I have Prime so that will help also.

Yeah I'm not gonna be modding the card except for the block on it. Hopefully another member will chime in on the vertical mount questions.

If I don't get a hard answer on that part I will probably just go ahead and order the GPU and PSU and just install it like normal until I get more information and just play with it some so I can see what I can get in the stock configuration.

THOMAS

since yer going sub ambient, have u thought of insulation for your pcb yet? 

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

11 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

since yer going sub ambient, have u thought of insulation for your pcb yet? 

No not yet as I'm not at that stage right now. I do know it needs insulation, back in the day I've done the eraser, nail polish, liquid tape, foam and paper towels etc. I will look into what people are doing nowadays since I haven't done any kind of OC'ing in a long time and maybe someone has a better way of doing it now. Thanks for bringing it up to me for sure.

THOMAS

I have another question please. I know fittings can get expensive and since I'm only doing soft tubing to start with should I just use the standard barb type fittings for this part?? Then I can get some of the nicer ones for when I swap over to the rigid tubing down the road. Would that make sense for me to do that?? One other thing I have an AIO currently that has the pump built-in to the CPU block I was curious if I could still use that pump I'm conjunction with the pump I listed in the OP to supplement each other? Or would that not work and just be more problem than it's worth??

THOMAS

On 3/5/2022 at 10:21 PM, Neggy-Z said:

If you're going with the Red Devil Ultimate you'll wanna get this block:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-vector-red-devil-rx-6800-6900-d-rgb-nickel-plexi

The block you linked is for the reference cards.

I don't think EK have a block for the Asrock card, unless it shares the same PCB with another card.

I don't think a single slim 360 rad from EK will be enough for cpu+gpu.

Well it probably will be just don't expect the system to be quiet under load.

I run 2 of these rads to cool a 9900k + 6900XT (possibly slightly overkill but its quiet)

I would suggest waiting for EK to release their updated rads, or use a thicker/different brand rad.

Don't forget about a drain port.

Hey man I wanted to apologize I've been posting this and replying with my phone and I honestly didn't see your reply until I was looking for something today. I'm not sure why it didn't show up for me. I'm planning on getting a ball valve with a male to male fitting to go into the pump/reservoir that way I can just use a barbed fitting to screw onto the valve with a short length of hose just in case I need to drain it or do maintenance on the system. Thanks for the heads up though. I'm using the one radiator that I listed along with the radiator that is on my AIO Fractal Design S36 Celsius since it has the removable fittings and that way I just need one more radiator to get the loop up and running.

THOMAS