Steam VR with Quest 2: RX 6500 XT

haroun895
For my birthday I got an RX 6500 XT and I know what you all are thinking, just hear me out before this I had bought an 8-year-old graphics card (GTX 750 TI 2GB) just so I can play at least Modded GTA and that's all so for me this was a HUGE upgrade and I wanted to just try to play Steam VR with this new GPU and... I was disappointed to see the black screen with 3 dots forever and getting nowhere. Searching for months and months I finally found the solution on how to play Steam VR with Oculus Quest 2 with an RX 6500 XT Graphics card. A developer (@Ev1lbl0w) helped with the ALVR project and now we can play Steam VR. All you need is a powerful enough CPU that can do its own video encoding. Using ALVR can now allow you to play Steam VR. Now I will note that using it wired is much better because it doesn't lag as badly as wirelessly but that's just me especially since I'm not using an ethernet. But if you're looking for a solution here you go folks, it's been months but now I can finally play and it works pretty smoothly for me (Wired). Hope you enjoy and huge thanks to Ev1bl0w!

My setup:
CPU: Intel i5-10600k
GPU: AMD RX 6500 XT
RAM: 16 GB
VR: Oculus Quest 2

Link to the project: https://alvr-org.github.io