ryzen 1600x

Glossboy

yo. i have an AMD ryzen 1600x and was wondering i could just buy a new motherboard for it? i really want a ROG strix itx motherboard, but i cant fin if it support it with a bios update og if it will not at all

Go to the motherboard model page, and look at CPU compatibility. It will say the minimum version the CPU is supported from, then you can look at the Downloads page to see what's the latest bios and when it was released.  If that minimum bios was released 3 years ago, then you can be fairly sure the motherboard will support the cpu. 

B450 chipset motherboards should support it. B520 and B550 motherboards will probably support only Ryzen 3xxx and up. 

You can go for any 300 and 400 chipsets series for AM4 motherboards.

A 400 series chipset like B450 or X470 gives you the best upgrade path as they will support up to 5000 series ryzen CPU's (BIOS update needed)

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

23 minutes ago, Glossboy said:

yo. i have an AMD ryzen 1600x and was wondering i could just buy a new motherboard for it? i really want a ROG strix itx motherboard, but i cant fin if it support it with a bios update og if it will not at all

A320, B350, X370, B450 and X470 should all support a 1600X by default. Brand new motherboards for those chipsets are probably going to be ridiculously expensive, but used ones should be reasonably priced, even in today's new market of "GPUs are cheaper, so we'd better gouge them on mobos".

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.