Can't get Denon AVR to output to external Amplifier (X2300W)

omucron
Go to solution Solved by omucron,

To anybody viewing this in the future:

Denon AVR's have ZONE2 outs, but turning them on will not work by itself. On your remote, there should be an Option button that takes you to a small screen, with one option 'All Zone Stereo'. When you enter this menu, it will ask to start. When you do, will will now have audio routed through both main and ZONE2.

Hope this helps someone out.

I have a setup I'm trying to configure for multi-media use, but I can't seem to figure out how it's supposed to work.

I have 3 game consoles all connected through TOSLINK/Optical I want to use the ZONE2 on the AVR to send it to a Kenwood KA-3500. Reading the manual states that turning ZONE2 on is all that is necessary to enable this, but I don't know why it wouldn't be working. The Denon X2300W has an ARC on one of the HDMI Out, but the monitor I'm displaying to (ASUS PG279Q) doesn't have ARC labelled as a feature/spec. Going into the menu for these consoles, selecting either Optical or HDMI out doesn't give any sound. I can hear a buzz when I turn the volume all the way up, so I know there's some connection, but I don't know why there is nothing else.

The Kenwood is rather unusual (I think?) in there are a few different places to put an Input from an audio source, and some switches on the front to change audio 'dubbing and monitoring', but again, nothing changes when flipped.

Pictured are front and rear of the Kenwood. The rear photo has the connection from the AVR going into the middle plug on the left, the cables on the right are for a DAC and Headphone Amp. I can provide more pictures or a more detailed explanation of my setup if it's needed.

PXL_20220221_192519754[1].jpg

PXL_20220221_192543811[1].jpg

CPU/MOBO: i7-9700k in GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Ultra GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra GaMiNg

RAM: 32GB Trident G-Skill DDR4-3200

Case: Cooler Master H500M

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB, Western Digital Blue 4TB + 1TB (WD40EZRZ-22GXCB0 and WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 respectively)

PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 850FX Displays: ASUS ROG PG279Q, ViewSonic VG2439smh(?), LG 24GM77-B(?)

KB+M: Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid w/ MX Browns and Logitech G903

Sound: Schiit Modi -> Denon AVR-2805 -> Beyerdynamic A20; HD600's, DT 770 Pro 80Ω

To anybody viewing this in the future:

Denon AVR's have ZONE2 outs, but turning them on will not work by itself. On your remote, there should be an Option button that takes you to a small screen, with one option 'All Zone Stereo'. When you enter this menu, it will ask to start. When you do, will will now have audio routed through both main and ZONE2.

Hope this helps someone out.

CPU/MOBO: i7-9700k in GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Ultra GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra GaMiNg

RAM: 32GB Trident G-Skill DDR4-3200

Case: Cooler Master H500M

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB, Western Digital Blue 4TB + 1TB (WD40EZRZ-22GXCB0 and WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 respectively)

PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 850FX Displays: ASUS ROG PG279Q, ViewSonic VG2439smh(?), LG 24GM77-B(?)

KB+M: Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid w/ MX Browns and Logitech G903

Sound: Schiit Modi -> Denon AVR-2805 -> Beyerdynamic A20; HD600's, DT 770 Pro 80Ω