Comparability Confirmation.

F_alling

I need help to make sure, my cpu, motherboard, and, cooler are compatible. I have already somewhat checked.

System Info.

New cpu:

Motherboard:

Motherboard compatibility list:

Spoiler

CPU cooler: 

I know I need thermal paste, I have picked that out. I am buying CPU cooler and thermal paste locally.

It'll work. Just make sure you're not spending a ton on the Hyper 212, any more than about $20 is way too much for one of those when you can get a Vetroo V5 for about $20 brand new that will perform bett

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

It'll work. Just make sure you're not spending a ton on the Hyper 212, any more than about $20 is way too much for one of those when you can get a Vetroo V5 for about $20 brand new that will perform bett

Thanks for that, I was going to pay $55 for that cooler. I will look into what you suggested!

11 minutes ago, Falling Enity said:

Thanks for that, I was going to pay $55 for that cooler. I will look into what you suggested!

Have you looked at PCPartPicker.com? It can help save quite a bit on PC component selection. And, it has a built in compatibility filter.

Are you buying in the United States?

26 minutes ago, Falling Enity said:

know I need thermal paste, I have picked that out. I am buying CPU cooler and thermal paste locally.

If you are buying the CPU cooler new, it will include thermal paste in the package. Cooler master provides a small tube with all of their hyper 212 coolers.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Have you looked at PCPartPicker.com? It can help save quite a bit on PC component selection. And, it has a built in compatibility filter.

Are you buying in the United States?

If you are buying the CPU cooler new, it will include thermal paste in the package. Cooler master provides a small tube with all of their hyper 212 coolers.

Yes I am buying In the U.S. I will check that out!

3 minutes ago, Falling Enity said:

Yes I am buying In the U.S. I will check that out!

Also, I would recommend buying any of the 8th or 9th gen i7 models, and consider buying used. The prices on them for new are not great

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu/#s=13&F=20,21&sort=price&page=1

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Falling Enity said:

I already ordered the core i7.

Also I don't like the thought of buying a CPU used.