NZXT H440 Cooling

Virouz
Go to solution Solved by LRC350,

Makes sense that your CPU temps would be higher when setup as a exhaust setup up top, due to the heat saturation being flowed through the AIO from the GPU. Like you said, its your best bet to run front and top as intakes and run the single exhaust at the back. Positive air pressure to push all the heat out any crevice. 

Also open the front panel while gaming, helps tremendously with temps. That front and top panels are hella restrictive. 

I would highly suggest to get a better flowing case if the budget allows it. 

Hi. I've had my pc for a years now and just now replaced all my fans in my case. I got the NZXT H440. For my CPU cooling, i got the corsair h100i v2. My plan originally was to mount my radiator as an intake in the front of the case. But because the tubes on the cooler is so stiff and thick, i can't get it to fit around my graphics card. So my only solution was to mount it on top again.

However, when I ran it as exhaust I noticed I started to get higher cpu temps. I now has it as an intake and I get around 10*C lower temps. My question is because the case has so bad airflow, is it possible to run the fans on the front as an intake along with my top mounted radiator. And just have a single 140mm fan in the back as an exhaust?

original.320x240!m.jpg

Makes sense that your CPU temps would be higher when setup as a exhaust setup up top, due to the heat saturation being flowed through the AIO from the GPU. Like you said, its your best bet to run front and top as intakes and run the single exhaust at the back. Positive air pressure to push all the heat out any crevice. 

Also open the front panel while gaming, helps tremendously with temps. That front and top panels are hella restrictive. 

I would highly suggest to get a better flowing case if the budget allows it.