Trying to fix dying/dead GPU

ZaTrox

Hi there, 

PC PROBLEM:

I have a GTX1080 (specifically STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING) since new, that is now dying on me, it started off by getting artifacts and crashes (full pc shutdown, or rather a restart as pc would try to reboot itself right after, sometimes with image, sometimes without) when GPU was underload (aka, playing games), but in a couple of days, it degraded to the point of crashing even when idling or just browsing the internet, sometimes it would crash before I even logged into windows or few seconds/minutes after. 

EXTRA: Also, not sure if that's related, but is a bit *sus*, is that the GPU failed few days after I bought myself a new 2k monitor, so instead of having 2x 1080p monitors connected to the GPU, now I have 1x 2K & 1x 1080p monitors.

DIAGNOSIS:

I followed the vram diagnostic instructions from this video:

and the result I got is attached to this post.

Repair Problem:

I've called multiple repair centres and all of them are saying that they don't do GPU repairs anymore due to the climbing price of chips, so I've decided that I'll fix the card myself by replacing the vram chips, but the problem is that I'm not 100% sure if the vram is faulty, as I've heard that it's a toss up between a video controller that is built into the main GPU chip (no idea what the official name of that chip is) and vram. My suspicion that the video controller is faulty stems from the fact that there aren't a lot of errors for each vram chip, only 64 for C0, 144 for D0 and 80 for D1, where as when I watched other YouTube videos of people replacing vram, the errors when in a tens of thousands.

Final Question:

Is there anything else I could do to confirm what exactly is faulty in my GPU?

IMG_20220210_121353.jpg