Should I upgrade my intel stock cooler and if so what to?

Nitroo
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
1 minute ago, Nitroo said:

I have a gaming computer but it has a stock cooler from intel. Should i get an aio water cooling or just a better fan. 

What are the specs of the computer? Is it too loud? If you've got an i3 or most non overclockable CPUs, getting a better cooler than the stock cooler is usually pointless unless you just want the system to be quieter. There are a couple exceptions to this like the i5 11400, but for those you just get a slightly better cooler like the Vetroo V5 and call it a day. 

If, however, you've got an overclockable CPU, that's when you should be thinking about getting a good cooler so you can overclock the crap out of it. 

I have a gaming computer but it has a stock cooler from intel. Should i get an aio water cooling or just a better fan. 

Are you monitoring the CPU's temp and performance and are looking to improve things? Lets start with what CPU you have, that's kind of important. 

1 minute ago, Nitroo said:

What are the specs of the computer? Is it too loud? If you've got an i3 or most non overclockable CPUs, getting a better cooler than the stock cooler is usually pointless unless you just want the system to be quieter. There are a couple exceptions to this like the i5 11400, but for those you just get a slightly better cooler like the Vetroo V5 and call it a day. 

If, however, you've got an overclockable CPU, that's when you should be thinking about getting a good cooler so you can overclock the crap out of it. 

6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

its a 10400f on a b460m

9 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

Which model of CPU do you have?

10400f 

Just now, Nitroo said:

its a 10400f on a b460m

Then don't bother. The 10400F is easily cooled by the stock cooler. Unless you live in a really hot environment or think that the stock cooler is too loud, there is no need to get a better cooler, it's not gonna perform better. 

Either way I'd take water cooling off the table, you'd spend more on a decent water cooler than that CPU is worth. 

Are you running into thermal limitations while running the PC hard for an extended period? If not, then an aftermarket cooler won't make a huge difference (if any at all).

I sold my soul for ProSupport.