No Drives to Install Windows

BK5360
Go to solution Solved by BK5360,

SOLVED.  Had to disable Intel Rapid Storage Setting in BIOS.

Be gentle, 1st PC build and am a complete novice.

Intel i7-12700k

ASUS Prime Z690-P D4

T-Force Xtreem ARGB 3600 MHz (2x8GB)

WD Blue 1TB M.2 SSD

Crucial MX500 500GB SATA SSD

No GPU yet because, well...

Anyway, system starts up to BIOS and both drives show up as RAID storage.  No available drives as boot drives.  Under boot menu cannot enable CSM as it is greyed out.

Installing Win10 via USB when it comes to select drive to install windows to nothing is available.

Got in touch with ASUS tech support and they said it was because I don't have a GPU installed?  Is this correct?  If so, is there a way around it?

Change them to AHCI instead of Raid. Also on a bare drive you often have to format it first in the installer before it will let you select the drive and hit next to continue with installation. 

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

2 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Change them to AHCI instead of Raid. Also on a bare drive you often have to format it first in the installer before it will let you select the drive and hit next to continue with installation. 

Ok again total novice as I've never built a PC from scratch.  How do I change them to AHCI.  And no option that I could see to format the drive.

Just now, BK5360 said:

Ok again total novice as I've never built a PC from scratch.  How do I change them to AHCI.  And no option that I could see to format the drive.

There should be some option in your bios to change it. I don't know how on your board specifically but it's usually something like, highlight where it says Raid, then use the arrow keys, or the +- keys or something to change it to AHCI.

It likley isn't showing your drives as they are set to raid and you don't have them configured in a raid array, once you can get it changed to AHCI I believe they should show up.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

I had a similar issue with an asus board with the drive showing on the main bios screen but when I went to storage the Nvme drive wasn’t showing up and like you windows creation media didn’t show any drives to install to. 

What resolved it for me was going into the bios and to save settings screen, and there was an option for load efi or something similar at the bottom of the options. So put in the windows media usb and restarted with that option. 

on next boot it then recognized the drives as Nvme and I was able To

install to them with the windows usb 

Any other idea?  The suggestions above did not work.

load ahci/raid drivers 

if that's not clear enough.. 

download ahci/raid drivers from asus homepage.  extract them and put them on the windows install USB, local directory that you can recognize. 

under install when you come to disk selection press load driver. and select the folder you previously put the drivers in. and install. and select the nvme to install. 

SOLVED.  Had to disable Intel Rapid Storage Setting in BIOS.