Strange Audio/Video Bug, Might be because of MOBO? Help!

TheRod6

Hey there! I'm giving the forum a shot to ask for some help.

Some needed context:

MOBO: Biostar Racing B550GTQ

*CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

*GPU: SAPHIRE Radeon 6600

RAM: XPG Gammix D30 Silver DDR4, 3200MHz, 8GB, Non-ECC, CL16, XMP (4 sticks for a total of 32GB)

*PSU: EVGA 500w Bronze

(In Trying to cover all my bases, I'll add some misc information about the system)

*-4 running argb fans, all connected to MOBO.

-CM Hyper212 Cooler

-CM q300l case

*-OS runs off of a 120GB ssd.

*-Additional Storage: 1TB WD Harddrive, 1TB Lenovo Laptop HDD & 1TB Kingston NVME ssd

-Stat Screen on inside of PC (A sketchy assembly on my part: Aliexpress stat screen hooked to a usb outlet mooshed on the inside.)

*-rgb lightstrips and other decorations made out of literal junk, including old cables (None of these faux cable come in contact with a functioning device).

*-PCIE expansion card with 4 USB3.0 ports (receive sata power)

An * here: never presented issues before MOBO upgrade

As a gamer and digital arts profesional on a tight budget, I decided to take the leap into purchasing gear I could get for work and leisure.

Over the course of a year I obtained a *Ryzen 3700x (Unknown provenance, aliexpress unit,), and a *Radeon 6600 Sapphire.

Among other upgrades I had wanted to obtain a B550 MOBO with PCIE 4.0 for these new components.

As with other components I went with an affordable option, a BIOSTAR B550GTQ Racing MOBO.

I make a big emphasis on the MOBO because this strange glitch only began happening after it's instalation. In its previous MOBO (An asrock B320), the PC never encountered this glitch.

I'll describe the glitch:

Whilst watching youtube videos or playing games a sudden stutter will occur. The video/game will stutter, slowing down. The audio will distort alongside it, making an awful screeching noise. It lasts only a second or two, then it'll stop. It will not happen again until next boot.

Other small problems began around this time aswell:

-PC won't come back from Sleep Mode.

-Internal Monitoring Screen will remain on and displaying frozen data, system wont come back from sleep mode.

-Slower Boot time. System will delay significantly in booting windows from ssd.

I've investigated and tried several troubleshooting steps. All the way from software issues, to hardware issues. I've changed power performance levels and changed several drivers. I've also obtained a new SSD for boot. Problem persists.

My best guesses lie in a couple places:

-MOBO being faulty?

-PSU causing some sort of undervolting?

-Driver issues?

My main suspect is the MOBO, although I would very much like to hear people's thoughts.

I'll be more than happy to provide any adittional info to anyone who's like to help me out!

IMG_20220129_230358.jpg

IMG_20220129_230408.jpg

21 minutes ago, rmgdnz said:

The stuttering sounds like this strange issue. Check if fTPM is enabled in the BIOS. 

fTMP was Indeed enabled! Thank you so much for pointing me the right way. I've gone and disabled it and will keep an eye on the system, see if the stutter happens regardless.

Interesting how this issue seems common among amd cpu's and B550 Mobo's.

6 hours ago, TheRod6 said:

Hey there! I'm giving the forum a shot to ask for some help.

Some needed context:

MOBO: Biostar Racing B550GTQ

*CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

*GPU: SAPHIRE Radeon 6600

RAM: XPG Gammix D30 Silver DDR4, 3200MHz, 8GB, Non-ECC, CL16, XMP (4 sticks for a total of 32GB)

*PSU: EVGA 500w Bronze

(In Trying to cover all my bases, I'll add some misc information about the system)

*-4 running argb fans, all connected to MOBO.

-CM Hyper212 Cooler

-CM q300l case

*-OS runs off of a 120GB ssd.

*-Additional Storage: 1TB WD Harddrive, 1TB Lenovo Laptop HDD & 1TB Kingston NVME ssd

-Stat Screen on inside of PC (A sketchy assembly on my part: Aliexpress stat screen hooked to a usb outlet mooshed on the inside.)

*-rgb lightstrips and other decorations made out of literal junk, including old cables (None of these faux cable come in contact with a functioning device).

*-PCIE expansion card with 4 USB3.0 ports (receive sata power)

An * here: never presented issues before MOBO upgrade

As a gamer and digital arts profesional on a tight budget, I decided to take the leap into purchasing gear I could get for work and leisure.

Over the course of a year I obtained a *Ryzen 3700x (Unknown provenance, aliexpress unit,), and a *Radeon 6600 Sapphire.

Among other upgrades I had wanted to obtain a B550 MOBO with PCIE 4.0 for these new components.

As with other components I went with an affordable option, a BIOSTAR B550GTQ Racing MOBO.

I make a big emphasis on the MOBO because this strange glitch only began happening after it's instalation. In its previous MOBO (An asrock B320), the PC never encountered this glitch.

I'll describe the glitch:

Whilst watching youtube videos or playing games a sudden stutter will occur. The video/game will stutter, slowing down. The audio will distort alongside it, making an awful screeching noise. It lasts only a second or two, then it'll stop. It will not happen again until next boot.

Other small problems began around this time aswell:

-PC won't come back from Sleep Mode.

-Internal Monitoring Screen will remain on and displaying frozen data, system wont come back from sleep mode.

-Slower Boot time. System will delay significantly in booting windows from ssd.

I've investigated and tried several troubleshooting steps. All the way from software issues, to hardware issues. I've changed power performance levels and changed several drivers. I've also obtained a new SSD for boot. Problem persists.

My best guesses lie in a couple places:

-MOBO being faulty?

-PSU causing some sort of undervolting?

-Driver issues?

My main suspect is the MOBO, although I would very much like to hear people's thoughts.

I'll be more than happy to provide any adittional info to anyone who's like to help me out!

IMG_20220129_230358.jpg

IMG_20220129_230408.jpg

Nice OSD screen u using.what is it?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

8 hours ago, frozensun said:

Nice OSD screen u using.what is it?

Thank you! It's an Ali Express IPS 3.5 inch hahaha. I Believe the "company" branding them is called "Turing"? It's a usb c with its own proprietary software, they're all over AE if yer looking to get one! Pretty cheap, and honestly? It's served me pretty well so far!