PC randomly turning off when under little to no load

Hey everyone. Yesterday when I got home and tried to turn on my PC with the power button it wouldn't turn on I thought this was odd so I took the side panel off and used the on board power switch and it still wouldn't turn on and then it randomly turned on. I didn't think anything of it. Today when I got home from school everything was fine but when I got home from work the power button was failing again. This time I checked to see if the power cable for the PSU was in correctly I made sure it was in and by doing that the PC turned on. I thought it was that and then the PC randomly just shut off. I turned it back on and in a few minutes the same thing happened. What could be wrong? Specs are in my sig. I have had this HW set up for about a month or two with no issues until yesterday. I did do custom sleeving on my PSU but I don't see why it would begin to fail now. Also I am not even doing anything to stress my PC. I have been doing HW on Chrome both times when this happened.

Thanks for the help in advance

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

If it has trouble booting up then it's probably a CPU, motherboard, or PSU problem. My money's on the PSU. Borrow a friends or a mothers or steal one from your annoying neighbor Stan because he didn't invite you to his birthday party and swap it out with yours and see if that works.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

If it has trouble booting up then it's probably a CPU, motherboard, or PSU problem. My money's on the PSU. Borrow a friends or a mothers or steal one from your annoying neighbor Stan because he didn't invite you to his birthday party and swap it out with yours and see if that works.

I have my original CPU and MoBo. Never given me problems in the three years of owning them.

and My PSU has been running well since i got it. I just don't know why it would randomly become defective. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

I have my original CPU and MoBo. Never given me problems in the three years of owning them.

and My PSU has been running well since i got it. I just don't know why it would randomly become defective. 

Don't know what to say man, stuff breaks sometimes.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

Don't know what to say man, stuff breaks sometimes.

It hasn't done it yet. It might have been a loose power cable. I'll have to wait and see if it happens again anyways.

Ok so it happened again and I shut the PSU off completely and let it sit until all the power drained and it turned on just fine. After that both my monitor and the monitor that is connected tot he other PC in the room randomly shut off. same time my sister and i didn't know why. I think I might have to call corsair. sigh.

Could be possible that you're possibly drawing too much power from the wall with both PCs running in that same room. Is it only when both are on or does it happen with just yours? From what I'm reading on your last post, you have two PCs running in the same room, correct?

Could be possible that you're possibly drawing too much power from the wall with both PCs running in that same room. Is it only when both are on or does it happen with just yours? From what I'm reading on your last post, you have two PCs running in the same room, correct?

Yeah but one of them is mine with an 850w PSU. The other is an older regular use PC. It shouldn't be drawing that much power out of the wall.