WEIRD PROBLEM - Random Restart

DASARATH B

Hey everyone!

My PC's been giving me really weird problems for the past 6 months. I earlier had a drive error problem which would corrupt my Windows installation every week. I asked a technician and he suggested that the PSU was faulty and he replaced it with a new one which fixed that problem.

After about 10days, a new annoying problem started where my PC would restart randomly (Not in regular intervals, not while doing specific tasks). I googled for possible causes and it said it may be due to overheating of the CPU. I checked the temperature at BIOS. It was around 42°C. I don't think that's too much.

I then gave my PC to a technician for service. He said that the main IC of the Motherboard is faulty and took about 20 days to replace it. After I got my PC back, it worked perfectly fine for four days and then the same problem started. The problem got even worse when the PC would never boot up and the motherboard light would never turn on but the fans kept spinning. I decided to buy a new motherboard. So I was searching for a new motherboard and didn't use my PC for about a week.

And two days back, I had an idea. I removed the CMOS battery and reset the BIOS settings. The PC booted up and loaded Windows. I had removed my stock CPU cooler earlier and didn't screw it in (just placed it over the CPU), so the temperatures were really high. I then bought thermal paste, applied it on the CPU and then the PC booted and its temperatures were normal (around 39°C).

It worked fine for two days and now it has started its restart problem again. I guess I have to replace the motherboard.

PC Specs :

PSU : Zebronics 450 W

CPU : InteI Core i3-6098P

Mobo : Gigabyte GA-B250M-D2V

RAM : Adata 8GB 2666mhz

HDD : Seagate 1TB

Some of the other stuff which could draw power :

Asus DVD writer

TP-Link WiFi adapter