Higher boost clock vs OC GPU?

c3524

Hi,

I am looking to buy a RTX 3050.

I am looking at two models, the EVGA 3050 XC Gaming, and the Gigabyte 3050 Eagle OC. I noticed that although the Gigabyte is 'oc', it has a lower boost clock at 1792 mhz versus the Evga at 1845 mhz. The Gigabyte model is also slightly more expensive. Is there any reason I should consider buying the Gigabyte over the Evga? And how do the brands compare to each other?

Thanks in Advance!

It's all just naming conventions to sell. The name is VERY VERY slightly related to performance, but doesn't really mean anything. The price is what is really correlated because of the GPU chip bin on potentially user set reachable speeds and a beefier cooler design. Bestbuy in my search shows each of these as equal cost. Out of pure merit, I'd pick up the EVGA for the fantastic RMA

The advertised boost clock means next to nothing, both cards will boost over 1900 MHz under normal circumstances. What really has the most influence on boost clocks is the cooling solution, because the cooler a card stays, the higher it will boost. "OC" labeled cards are usually better binned too, which means they can reach the same boost clocks at lower voltages, so they come with an optimized vBIOS, resulting in lower power draw and better temps, which then in turn allows for higher boost clocks.