Coin Mining Performance ...

Hello World!

I'm on day 3 of mining.  Still don't fully understand a lot of the tech surrounding it -- but I get the general gist.

I'm using Rainbow Miner ... would like your feedback on your favorite mining program.  I feel like I would prefer to not use Mining Pools, and instead just mine directly on my PC and just load my BTC wallet ... I dunno -- I don't understand Mining Pools and don't really want to use them.

So far, I'm mining with this:

• 24-Core AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X
  • 128GB Crucial DDR4-3200
  • NVIDIA RTX A5000 24GB

In Rainbow Miner, its saying i'm getting around 83-85 MH/s (mega hashes per second?) -- IS THIS GOOD?

image.png.2dbc9b4d3253831727c95afed4bedc04.png

I'm too new to really understand -- I've tried to google it, but I don't get a solid answer.

I would appreciate any suggestions on trusted how-to guides and opinions on software/platforms you've used and trust ... so all the "startup" info you've collected would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Your hashrate is low given the card, should be well over 90. Have you tweaked it? undervolting and adjusting the clocks is required for mining, otherwise you're just wasting power in exchange for a low hashrate.

No I haven't done any of that -- I don't know how.  Honestly, I'm not THAT into mining to care enough -- was just trying it to say I've done it -- not interested enough in it to start tweaking hardware.

Thanks!

Few pointers -

• RAM has nearly no impact on mining profitability
  • The "BIG" feature of RBMiner is auto-switching - which here is the catch, never benefit from as mining anything like ETH, RVN etc require higher balances that a single A5000 can produce in a cycle, at the end of this algo/pool hopping you will end with 100s of tiny balances all over the place - which you cant utilize
  • The card is running too hot

My recommendation 

• For least effort - I would recommend going with NiceHash, i will help you with optimizing your card and actually end with a balance of BTC that you could use
  • For more profit - I would recommend using T-Rex miner (with admin privileges if it is isolated system, allowing you to use the cclock, mclock, fan and other OC settings), or with MSI afterburner to OC before running the miner
  • OC would be -200 cclock, +1300 mclock, ~80%/210W power limit
  • Temp goal should be ~60c, as that is the GPU dye, and the memory gets hotter +~10-30C, which could cause stress/issues with long term run (aka mINeRz KiLL GpUz)