Bad at building; S.O.S.

Budget (including currency): $800-900 USD.

Country: Colombia (most parts on amazon ship for free, other sites not so sure).

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaems, don't worry about what kind as I will accomodate later.

Monitor(s) info: 1080p 240Hz primary with a 1080p 120Hz secondary. (Do not ask why the overkill)

Peripherals: I have everything except Windows and a desk. I will worry about the desk, you worry about Windows if necessary. I would rather not have to pay for it, and I do not have a license or key.

Why upgrading/buying a new setup: Currently using a 940mx equipped laptop for 20fps "gaming", if it could even be considered so.

Other details: 

• MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS 
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 5700G 8 core 16 Thr
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb (2x8gb) 3600Mhz C18 1.35V
  • Storage: 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe
  • PSU: EVGA 110-BQ-0600-K1 600W 80+ Bronze
  • Case: Whatever sticks, don't care what it looks like.

Pcpartpicker list, just in case:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QYJH9r 

You may have noticed there is no GPU, and that is because I am not willing to spend $600 (Around 60% of the total pricing for the rest of the components combined) on a mid level card. So I have decided to take the bold leap into this newfound idea of "GPU-Less gaming rigs" and go with an APU instead. Will attempt to buy a GPU in the future, so that's why I'm going with the higher end 5700g instead of other cheaper, similar in performance alternatives; And it is also why I am buying a 600W PSU for such a low energy rig (According to PCPartpicker, atleast).

Main issue lies on deciding what ram configuration and how to effectively "match" it's speed perfectly with the APU as to get good performance and stability out of the Vega 8 compontent, as I am aware that higher ram speeds are benefitial, but apparently you can't just buy the highest available speed and turn XMP on, as there are other things like "timings" to take into consideration.

Also maybe some advice on cooling as I was planning on just using the included Wraith stealth but considering I'm going to be using the CPU as a GPU aswell for a while, I'm now thinking cooling should be as much of a priority as RAM Mhz.

Take into account that I do not care for overclocking or BIOS tinkering to extract every bit of juice, as putting the thing together is already hard enough for me.

I will be very listening and very grateful, as well as very open to literally anything as I am as knowledgeable about building PC's as a house plant.

I apologize for both the long book and any grammar mishaps as I am currently clocking ~18h awake. Any advice appreciated.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FPffrD

Here is your edit.

It has faster RAM. HP EX920 is same quality. 70$ is too expensive fo 500GB SSD. 

And changed PSU, Yes, You don't need high wattage now, But overall price of build remained same and better quality PSU will allow good GPU upgrade in future if needed.

6 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FPffrD

Here is your edit.

It has faster RAM. HP EX920 is same quality. 70$ is too expensive fo 500GB SSD. 

And changed PSU, Yes, You don't need high wattage now, But overall price of build remained same and better quality PSU will allow good GPU upgrade in future if needed.

3 hours ago, GeorgeMKane said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/C9DNnt

Faster RAM, more storage, non-stock cpu cooler, and an additional fan for the front of the case (intake).

Thank you so much for the help! I will go ahead and try to select best options from each list  and check availability of the parts on amazon to see if I can find good pricing and have them shipped for free. One more question though; Should I get 2 SSDs or maybe an extra HDD? I've heard people make separations between "boot drives" and other drives, so I thought maybe have a completely untouched small drive to boot windows from and then a bigger SSD for games? Thanks again.

1 hour ago, z661 said:

Should I get 2 SSDs or maybe an extra HDD? I've heard people make separations between "boot drives" and other drives, so I thought maybe have a completely untouched small drive to boot windows from and then a bigger SSD for games? Thanks again.

You can get a cheap 256GB or 500GB M.2 NVME SSD, and then a 2TB 7200RPM HDD for games & videos.

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

41 minutes ago, GeorgeMKane said:

You can get a cheap 256GB or 500GB M.2 NVME SSD, and then a 2TB 7200RPM HDD for games & videos.

Wouldn't the SSD be better for games instead of the HDD? I thought that's how it worked... but I'll try throwing in a 7200RPM HDD either way as they are dirt cheap, thanks again.

You can really go either way with that, with whatever your budget will allow. A 2.5" SSD will be better for games, especially booting up the games and the games themselves trying to load. I noticed a significant improvement in game boot & load speeds by going with SSDs for my game drives, for sure.

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

Alright so here is where we stand: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CHwnTn Decided to go with the 970 evo plus again since it's only a few bucks more than the EX950 and it has 512MB Cache, while the latter doesn't seem to have any. All in all with shipping included it should be about $950 due to it coming from the US to down here (Price on PPP.com is way less due to some price differences between newegg and amazon, and the shipping of some of the parts). Might be able to buy the ram at a lower price, but this is looking solid and about as real as it gets. Also I may buy everything but the HDD and just get that later... Hopefully I'll be able to buy it without any issues in just a couple of days. Thanks for the help!.

9 hours ago, z661 said:

Alright so here is where we stand: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CHwnTn Decided to go with the 970 evo plus again since it's only a few bucks more than the EX950 and it has 512MB Cache, while the latter doesn't seem to have any. All in all with shipping included it should be about $950 due to it coming from the US to down here (Price on PPP.com is way less due to some price differences between newegg and amazon, and the shipping of some of the parts). Might be able to buy the ram at a lower price, but this is looking solid and about as real as it gets. Also I may buy everything but the HDD and just get that later... Hopefully I'll be able to buy it without any issues in just a couple of days. Thanks for the help!.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/internal-hard-drive/#D=1&A=360000000000,20000000000000&sort=price&page=1

You can see there is many 500GB SSD from 45$ to 70$, Reason I recommended HP EX920 is because it has similar performance as samsung 970 evo plus, also has dram cache and is cheapest available NVMe SSD with similar specs and performance. If you are paying 70$ in SSD, You are better off getting 1TB one, Such as this: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/64MTwP/team-mp33-1-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-tm8fp6001t0c101

Even so this one does not have dram cache and is slower than 970 Evo Plus, It's still NVMe SSD, It will perform similar to 500GB 970 Evo plus in most aplication and most use case, Meaning boot times, Aplication launch times and games, But you will have two times more storage, So there is no point in getting 70$ 500GB SSD, Especially when you are on budget.