PC doesn't post

coen113
Go to solution Solved by coen113,

The issue started last night, the issue with shutting down unexpected started after i installed my new m.2 ssd (with it i installed windows 11). 

Fortunately, after some more tinkering, i found the problem. Unfortunatly, it should never have happend, because i did it myself. The cpu power cable was not plugged in well enough.

always check the easy stuff first, I didnt, and it could have saved me from being frustrated a lot and spend an evening extra gaming

The problem existed between the keyboard and the chair, apologise for wasting your time.

Hi, thanks for reading.

My current PC has a bit of an issue. Last night I was playing a game, and in the middle of the game the screen froze, turned to black, and my pc stopped responding and I think it shut down by itself, or maybe i shut it down using the psu power switch since it didn't respond by holding down the power button.

after that, it would not boot or post, just black screen, I have tried a lot, reseating gpu, different slot, reset cmos by pulling out the battery for 5 minutes, one stick of ram in slot 1, another stick of ram in slot 3, removing all storage devices, pretty much anything. today i removed all additional devices, just cpu, and gpu  with psu and motherboard, but it doesnt react.

When i try to boot, the lights in my case turn on, the casefans and cpu fans spin up, but my gpu fans dont spin up at all. It has no lights on it to see if its working as far as i know, but the pc is unresponsive. Holding down the power button does not do anything. I removed all additional devices, just to get a post. i have an ssd working with windows 10, but on my m.2 is windows 11. Lately i have had issues with random black screens and instant reboot, but only on idle. I assumed it was an windows 11 glitch, something to do with power saving modes that is pretty well documented online. 

I hope you can help me.

Specs:

• MSI RX 590 ARMOR 8G OC - Grafische kaart Radeon RX 590
     Gigabyte B450 GAMING X - Moederbord
  • NZXT H510i 
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 
  • G.Skill Aegis F4-3000C16D-16GISB (2 of these kits)
  • PSU 750 w Cooler master
  • Windows 11

also, I dont care if i have to reset, i have an usb stick with windows 11 and with windows 10 and no items that cant be lost stored on my drives.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

i have had a friend have this issue too with his pc turning off then not posting. for him, this was gpu problems, we were able to figure that out once it was on. for how it turned on is unknown. we didnt tinker it for about a day and then we tried to fire it back up, it turned on. i am not sure if that is the issue. and also how much time has this been happening for?

The issue started last night, the issue with shutting down unexpected started after i installed my new m.2 ssd (with it i installed windows 11). 

Fortunately, after some more tinkering, i found the problem. Unfortunatly, it should never have happend, because i did it myself. The cpu power cable was not plugged in well enough.

always check the easy stuff first, I didnt, and it could have saved me from being frustrated a lot and spend an evening extra gaming

The problem existed between the keyboard and the chair, apologise for wasting your time.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans