Can't boot windows

GodLikeGill

Basically i upgraded my pc setup today in which i upgraded my CPu and motherboard.
My old setup: 
CPU Ryzen 3 2200G

A320M Gigabyte Motherboard
GeForce GTX 1650 super
8GB x 2 RAM
450W PSU

I bought Ryzen 5600x and B550M Gigabyte motherboard today. after replacing my cpu and motherboard i tried booting up my windows it didnt , then i tried to install new windows using my bootable pendrive that isnt working as well. When i try to boot up my pc it says "Preparing Automatic Repairs" and its stuck there for hours. If i try to install windows using bootable pendrive , that isnt working as well.

(Im able to go to bios and check, everything is working fine all the components are detected over there)

if anyone have any clue pls let me know!

47 minutes ago, GodLikeGill said:

Basically i upgraded my pc setup today in which i upgraded my CPu and motherboard.
My old setup: 
CPU Ryzen 3 2200G

A320M Gigabyte Motherboard
GeForce GTX 1650 super
8GB x 2 RAM
450W PSU

I bought Ryzen 5600x and B550M Gigabyte motherboard today. after replacing my cpu and motherboard i tried booting up my windows it didnt , then i tried to install new windows using my bootable pendrive that isnt working as well. When i try to boot up my pc it says "Preparing Automatic Repairs" and its stuck there for hours. If i try to install windows using bootable pendrive , that isnt working as well.

(Im able to go to bios and check, everything is working fine all the components are detected over there)

if anyone have any clue pls let me know!

My first guess is your motherboard is not compatible out of the box with the CPU. It *may* need a UEFI BIOS upgrade first. 
So what happens when you use the new MB with the old CPU?

If that works, update the BIOS to the newest non beta, then turn off system and use new CPU.

After that can you double check if you are running with CSM enabled? 
While I typically suggest it off, your drive might not have the correct Boot partition that your firmware is suspecting. If CSM is enabled, then turn off and try USB windows install again.

12 minutes ago, Frizz said:

My first guess is your motherboard is not compatible out of the box with the CPU. It *may* need a UEFI BIOS upgrade first. 
So what happens when you use the new MB with the old CPU?

If that works, update the BIOS to the newest non beta, then turn off system and use new CPU.

After that can you double check if you are running with CSM enabled? 
While I typically suggest it off, your drive might not have the correct Boot partition that your firmware is suspecting. If CSM is enabled, then turn off and try USB windows install again.

Basically i dont have my old cpu and motherboard with me anymore, already sold it to the retailer. 

https://www.amazon.in/GIGABYTE-B550M-DS3H-Micro-Motherboard/dp/B089FY7QT1/ref=asc_df_B089FY7QT1/?tag=googleshopdes-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=397006749787&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4832458524766539368&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007801&hvtargid=pla-928660083986&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

I bought this motherboard , and it says it is Ryzen 5000 ready which means that it has bios update right

27 minutes ago, GodLikeGill said:

Basically i dont have my old cpu and motherboard with me anymore, already sold it to the retailer. 

https://www.amazon.in/GIGABYTE-B550M-DS3H-Micro-Motherboard/dp/B089FY7QT1/ref=asc_df_B089FY7QT1/?tag=googleshopdes-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=397006749787&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4832458524766539368&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007801&hvtargid=pla-928660083986&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

I bought this motherboard , and it says it is Ryzen 5000 ready which means that it has bios update right

If your motherboard manual says it supports it out of the box, then this one might be fine. But nothing on Amazon says 5000 series ready. 

What I would do to be on the safe side is follow the manuals instructions on how to use Q flash (don't need a working CPU to flash the UEFI BIOS). 
Download the newest BIOS from their site to a properly formatted USB and use Q flash to be certain 

Its just stuck here if i try to install windows 10 from a bootable driveIMG_20220126_000343.thumb.jpg.0a318dee2457c2fe54549afb01b56b3d.jpg

1 hour ago, Frizz said:

If your motherboard manual says it supports it out of the box, then this one might be fine. But nothing on Amazon says 5000 series ready. 

What I would do to be on the safe side is follow the manuals instructions on how to use Q flash (don't need a working CPU to flash the UEFI BIOS). 
Download the newest BIOS from their site to a properly formatted USB and use Q flash to be certain 

I have only 1 usb which is bootable windows 10 drive , is it possible if i cut and paste folders from it somewhere in my laptop and then use that usb drive to update motherboard bios , then back again simply copy and paste the windows file in the drive.

would that work or is there something else i gotta do to make the usb drive bootable?

13 minutes ago, GodLikeGill said:

I have only 1 usb which is bootable windows 10 drive , is it possible if i cut and paste folders from it somewhere in my laptop and then use that usb drive to update motherboard bios , then back again simply copy and paste the windows file in the drive.

would that work or is there something else i gotta do to make the usb drive bootable?

The best way is to follow the vendor instructions from the website for the support page for your motherboard, just google the exact model and it will come up.

But before that, when you enter the BIOS what version does it say you have? Apparently if I have the right system, the 5600x has been supported since F10

https://www.gigabyte.com/Ajax/SupportFunction/Getcpulist?Type=Product&Value=7401

15 minutes ago, Frizz said:

The best way is to follow the vendor instructions from the website for the support page for your motherboard, just google the exact model and it will come up.

But before that, when you enter the BIOS what version does it say you have? Apparently if I have the right system, the 5600x has been supported since F10

https://www.gigabyte.com/Ajax/SupportFunction/Getcpulist?Type=Product&Value=7401

it says i have f2 version

1 hour ago, GodLikeGill said:

it says i have f2 version

There is your issue!

I would start with f10 (Going up too many versions can cause issues)

The reflash method is super easy, don't even need to make it bootable, just reformat to fat32 and follow these steps: