Did i do something wrong? ( Cpu Cooler )

Anwee

Hello, so i bought a hyper 212 evo v2 cpu cooler, and i insatlled it. I've been on my pc for like 2 hours and now i noticed a weird beep sound coming out from my pc, then it stopped.
But i also noticed that the "pins" or idk what its called on the top of the cpu, out of 8, 4 got deformed, should i be concerned about something or thats normal ?

what do you mean... deformed?? Can you take some clean, clear pictures for us to view? 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

On 1/25/2022 at 8:06 AM, Skiiwee29 said:

what do you mean... deformed?? Can you take some clean, clear pictures for us to view? 

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Most likely OP is talking about the way heat pipes are cramped from the factory. This question was quite common few years back.

image.png.43b26eb989501186b57782740d8709d2.png

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

Most likely OP is talking about the way heat pipes are cramped from the factory. This question was quite common few years back.

Just now, Anwee said:

ok, now that makes sense.. I read 4 out of 8 pins and my mind immediately went to EPS 12v cables.. not the heatpipes. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

On 1/25/2022 at 8:09 AM, Skiiwee29 said:

ok, now that makes sense.. I read 4 out of 8 pins and my mind immediately went to EPS 12v cables.. not the heatpipes. 

so am i good?

Just now, Anwee said:

so am i good? , i posted the picture above

Yea, that should be no issue unless for some reason the tube is punctured and the gas can escape instead of recondensing to a liquid. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

I have 2 Hyper 212 EVO's on my server and there isn't anything that would cause a beeping sound from the cooler. More than likely the beeping sound was from your motherboard. Do you remember the pattern to the beeps? I.E. 1 long 2 short or 3 short 2 long?

7 minutes ago, zogthegreat said:

I have 2 Hyper 212 EVO's on my server and there isn't anything that would cause a beeping sound from the cooler. More than likely the beeping sound was from your motherboard. Do you remember the pattern to the beeps? I.E. 1 long 2 short or 3 short 2 long?

It was just a long high pitched beep , and i heard it after i downloaded obs, after i closed it, it stopped.
now i ran it again and it doesnt do it so idk what could've caused it

2 hours ago, zogthegreat said:

update : its doing that same weird noise whenever i fullscreen in a game

Edit: whenever i move my mouse around in game while full screened the beep is like moving w\ it, sometimes its lourder sometimes its more silent

So then we can eliminate the cooler, it wouldn't cause that type of problem. Off the top of my head, it sounds like you have some type of electrical short or a loose ground somewhere that is causing some type of electrical interference. I would start by shutting down the system and making sure that everything is connected properly and that all of your cards are seated properly. Then, if the problem continues, start removing 1 component at a time and see if the problem goes away.

Maybe someone else has a better idea of what it could be. 

Sounds like coil whine. Could be the VRM on the board or the GPU, could also be your PSU. But since it came after you installed your new cooler, I am leaning towards your mobo VRM's.

AMD R9 5900X @ Booost | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3800 14-15-15-35 1.575v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB |1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143