Seagate 8TB HDD not turning on

Blocky Borzan

So I bought a Seagate Ironwolf 8TB NAS drive and am trying to install it in my PC. 

For some reason, the drive does not spin up when the PC is turned on and the UEFI/BIOS shows the SATA port on the motherboard is not being used or connected to anything (My 2 SSDs show up fine).
I confirmed the SATA Data and SATA Power cables work just fine (with my SSD drives). I also tried a MOLEX to SATA adapter to power the HDD. Nothing. I tried to install it on my brother's PC using the same cables and ports he uses for his working WD 6TB Drive. Nothing. I have had this happen with 2 other drives and I asked for replacements each time thinking 1 drive must be faulty, the second one was a one-off fluke but now the third isn't working either and it has to be something with my PC by this point I think. Like 99.99% sure that 3 drives I get in a row are not faulty.

Oh the only time it spun up and I confirmed it was a working drive was when I chucked it into an external enclosure and turned it on. With the enclosure it worked but it could only read 4TB because the USB driver of the enclosure is very old and I need it as an internal drive anyway.

Can somebody help me figure this out, please? 

it's called production line failure.  a whole batch is crap. 

somehow due to covid probably, quality control didn't catch it. 

for your enclosure, if you have it, check the manual or google for max disk size recognized.. sounds like it's a limitation on it. if it has firmware.. is it possible to upgrade it? 

3 hours ago, Robchil said:

it's called production line failure.  a whole batch is crap. 

somehow due to covid probably, quality control didn't catch it. 

for your enclosure, if you have it, check the manual or google for max disk size recognized.. sounds like it's a limitation on it. if it has firmware.. is it possible to upgrade it? 

So I had a hunch that maybe the PSU wasn't working properly since it just wouldn't supply the power it seems. It can't have been a failure because it works in an external enclosure aparently. So anyhow I unplugged my GPU to see if maybe the power draw was too much and lo and behold, the HDD turned on. To my surprise, when I plugged the GPU back in, it still turned on so somehow the PSU probably had a bug or something, idk. Anyhow the problem is no more...