LG OLED Deep Sleep Settings?

da3dsoul

Ok, so I have a B9, but I think WebOS is more or less the same across the OLEDs. The firmware may have differences in power state management.

I run an RTX 3070 to a Yamaha Aventage RX-A4A to the OLED. Obviously, I do this through HDMI. This occurs with or without a receiver in ARC or passthrough. Based on what's happening, I would believe it happens regardless of audio setup. I have the quick startup feature of the OLED ON.

I put music on through the receiver while I sleep. When I turn off the TV, no interruption in sound happens. Exactly 5 minutes later, the TV changes modes, and I'm assuming it's going into deep sleep or its "off" state. When this happens, the display and audio configuration changes, and Windows cuts the audio temporarily while it does this. It comes back. It's not really a problem. It just startles me every time....

TL;DR How do I either make it so that it'll just do the interruption when I turn it off (not ideal, probably turning off the quick start would do this) or just never interrupt by not going into deep sleep. Personally, I'm not concerned with the fairly minimal power usage. I'm running an Aventage class amp all night while I sleep... I expect that if it's possible, it's in the service menu somewhere. I try not to touch that, as there's a lot I don't understand in there.

Update, turning off Quick Start+ did not solve it. Interestingly, it still took 5 minutes to actually turn off. It just took way longer to turn back on after those 5 minutes.