New Build Stuck Boot Loop

JacobKS

Guys, I need help I just built a PC and wont show anything on the screen. It's stuck on boot loop.

- Rog z490 formula

- i7 11700k

- 5500 xt

- 4x8gb 3200mhz 

- 1x m.2

- 1x 2.5 ssd

- 1x 3.5 hdd

- rog thor 850w

I updated already the bios to match with my CPU, it even showed me on the mobo screen "updated successfully".

Once turned on the error code on mobo keeps changing and last error code it will show is 00 means "not used". Meanwhile, the screen on rog formula says "Check CPU".

Prior updating the mobo I had a red static light indicator saying there's something wrong with the CPU and keeps restarting. After updating bios that light indicator was gone but still restarting.

I tried also to use 1 RAM at a time and error didnt change.

I badly need help here, I'm stuck.

17 minutes ago, JacobKS said:

Guys, I need help I just build a PC and wont show anything on the screen. It's stuck on boot loop.

- Rog z490 formula

- i7 11700k

- 5500 xt

- 4x8gb 3200mhz 

- 1x m.2

- 1x 2.5 ssd

- 1x 3.5 hdd

- rog thor

I updated already the bios to match with my CPU, it even showed me on the mobo screen "updated successfully".

Once turned on the error code on mobo keeps changing and last error code it will show is 00 means "not used". Meanwhile, the screen on rog formula says "Check CPU".

Prior updating the mobo I had a red static light indicator saying there's something wrong with the CPU and keeps restarting. After updating bios that light indicator was gone but still restarting.

I tried also to use 1 RAM at a time and error didnt change.

I badly need help here, I'm stuck.

try reseating the cpu  (u just built this pc so i assume you know how to do that), if that doesn't work, try the cpu in another system and see if the cpu works, and if you can try another cpu which you know works in this system to see of the mobo is broken. If you cannot try any if these options, just rma your motherboard, and your cpu.

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

Just now, Indian pc builder said:

try reseating the cpu  (u just built this pc so i assume you know how to do that), if that doesn't work, try the cpu in another system and see if the cpu works, and if you can try another cpu which you know works in this system to see of the mobo is broken. If you cannot try any if these options, just rma your motherboard, and your cpu.

also check of all cables are in, gpu is seated, power supply has enough power, all power cables are connected, etc.

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

25 minutes ago, JacobKS said:

Is this on the OLED display using bios flashback? did you use the latest bios?

Remove the GPU and connect the monitor to the motherboard.

Disconnect all storage, reset CMOS and try to enter the BIOS.

16 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

Positioning is right based on the gold triangle on cpu and mobo. Ive reseated it multiple times. 

17 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

also check of all cables are in, gpu is seated, power supply has enough power, all power cables are connected, etc.

Yes reseated all cables.

13 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Is this on the OLED display using bios flashback? did you use the latest bios?

Yes on the oled displat. I believe I am now using updated version.

11 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Remove the GPU and connect the monitor to the motherboard.

Disconnect all storage, reset CMOS and try to enter the BIOS.

My mobo doesnt have a connection for monitor. It must have a GPU inorder for a monitor to be connected.

GUYS UPDATE....

Ive removed all storages, Gpu, other rams.

Only thing now are cpu, 1 ram, and still keeps on boot loop.

THERES NO MESSAGE NOW ON THE OLED ABOUT "CHECK CPU".

Also its quite fast now to restart contaniously.

Update...

When turned on with CPU only without RAMs, GPU, Storages, etc.

It doesnt reboot anymore just there statically on, forever.

On 1/24/2022 at 4:30 AM, TrigrH said:

Check the socket for bent pins.

yes, checked it. all are good.

Just now, JacobKS said:

yes, checked it. all are good.

Update...

I am down to two last part the mobo and cpu.

I tried the rest of my components to my friend's rig and all were fine during test.

It just happened that he has AMD so cant test vice versa my intel board and cpu.

Next step, find someone who has a working board for 11th gen to test my CPU if this is the culprit.

Last step, find 2 CPUs, one 10th gen and one 11th gen to test my board if it really works for 11th gen even after getting an updated bios. I read someone who had a similar experience to me where his z490 didnt work as well on 11th gen CPU even after having an updated bios. He had to replaced his working z490 on a 10th gen cpu to a z590 which is intended for his 11th gen cpu.