High End PC Refresh after a tiny Explosion

Hey there, as stated in the Title, i had a happy little Accident and now i need some new PC Parts considering that i need the PC for my Work. I think i stated everything pretty well, but please feel free to ask any Question!

I will probably move to Linux once i can get drives and setups for all my software/games, but this shouldnt be an issue for PC Parts now.

Budget 
As ive already bought the majority, so GPU and PSU. I only need a CPU Cooler, CPU, Mainboard and 3x new top 120mm Fans.
1300€+ should be fine as far as i calculated, but anything lower would be great.

Germany

Monitors
2x LG27GP850-B

Peripherals
  1. Hyper X Alloy Origins Keyboard
  2. Logitech Pro Wireless
  3. Steelseries Artics 7 Headset
  4. Marshell Stockwell 2
  5. GoPro Hero 7 Black
  6. Verbatim 4 Blue Ray Player via USBC 3.2 Gen x2
  7. Rode Podcaster (USB)

As you can see i need a lot of USB Ports, so this would be needed on the Backpanel of the Mainboard as well as the Frontpanel Ports of the Case.
Of the 6 available USB 3.0 Ports mostly all are used constantly, anything more would be super great, but i dont necessarily wnat to get PCIE USB card, if possible?

Old parts ( that will be reused )
  1. NZXT H710 Case
  2. 2x Samsung Evo Pro SSD (total storage: 1tb)
  3. 4x HDD 7200 RPM HDD's (total storage: 10tb)
  4. Elgato 4k Mk.2 Capture Card
  5. 32GB Trident Z 3000 mhz DDR4 (probably needs to be replaced but i am unsure) CL14-14-14-34 (F4-3000C14D-32GTZR - sadly not available anymore)

Why are you upgrading?

So i was using a i7-8700k together with a NVIDIA 980ti, there was actually no need to upgrade as everything was running fine. Well until Christmas 2021, my Graphics Card somewhat exploded.

Sadly and thats basically the main Reason why i have to upgrade, the PCIE Slots are not working anymore on the Mainboard properly (its a Asus Maximus Hero X). Right now i am stuck using the internal GPU.

The PC is needed for work and general Gaming/Streaming and Video Editing. As a Developer i compile a lot of Software so generally a lot of CPU Cores are welcome.

Current Plans
Usually i plan all my PC Components myself, but this time i am not so sure anymore! First of all ive been using INTEL for the last 12 Years now but i thought due to the recent rise of Ryzen it might be worth considering a Change.

I was planning on moving maybe over to a AMD RYZEN 5900x or 5950x ( together with a Asus Maximus Hero VIII ), never used AMD so its more a wild guess.
Unfortunately i cannot wait for new PC Parts, otherwise i wouldve probably waited for AM5..

Quick Note: I have already bought a MSI NVIDIA RTX 3080ti Ventus and a BeQuiet Titanium 1200W for the new Setup.
Okay so basically i need some more recommendations for Mainboard, CPU, CPU Cooler and a NAS with 2-4 Slots should be fine!

New Setup plans for now:
  1. AMD RYZEN 5900x or 5950x
  2. Asus Maximus Hero VIII
  3. Noctua DH-15 ?
  4. 3x 120mm new top fans ( not sure whats good here too )
  5. 1-2x NVMe Samsuns Pro ( need some more faster storage )
  6. NAS, oh boi after the explosion, i gonna hook that up tho.

Thanks for reading and i appreciate any help! 🙂

Would recommend a 12900K + Z690 instead. Usually it's cheaper, faster than a 5900X and most of the time equal or faster than 5950X, even though it has less cores.

These fans should be pretty good. If you want something cheaper the Arctic P12 PWM PST is pretty decent too, but looking at the rest of the build I assume budget isn't a big problem.

Other than that looks good.

Hmm i thought about this too, but my biggest concern atm is DDR5. The performance doesnt seem better compared to price atm. PCIE5 sounds super interesting, but DDR4 is not supported on major new Mainboards right?

Fans look pretty good, ill consider them 🙂

Use your existing memory. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor  (€598.00 @ Mindfactory) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€94.49 @ Aquatuning) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€288.33 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €980.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-18 21:40 CET+0100

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

14 minutes ago, Subwaytime said:

Hmm i thought about this too, but my biggest concern atm is DDR5. The performance doesnt seem better compared to price atm. PCIE5 sounds super interesting, but DDR4 is not supported on major new Mainboards right?

Fans look pretty good, ill consider them 🙂

Some boards do have support for DDR4, while others support 5. There aren't any that support both. Some good DDR4 options are Asus ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4, MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 and Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4. The Gigabyte has 5 USB A, 1 USB C and front headers. The MSI has 7 USB A and 1 USB C, and front headers. The Asus has 8 USB A and 2 USB C + front headers.

So is there actually no benefit to AMD? Still everything Intel 🤔
One Question i am still unsure about these Mainboards, will they generally support the NVMe's + Sata at full speed? I had Issues with Boards before where PCIE's ports lost speed due to NVMe's or that some sata ports are not entirely outputting 6gb on all ports.

Also what about heat on the intel cpu? I heard that the watt usage is almost double compared to a 5900x/5950x..

18 hours ago, Subwaytime said:
  • Asus Maximus Hero VIII
  • Noctua DH-15 ?

Sorry but cpu oc has been dead since 9th gen so unless you got a waterchiller or some other form of subzero cooling like phase change then you wont see any benifit to that board other than being an expensive paperweight

Literally just buy the cheapest board that has all the features you need

18 hours ago, Subwaytime said:

32GB Trident Z 3000 mhz DDR4 (probably needs to be replaced but i am unsure) CL14-14-14-34 (F4-3000C14D-32GTZR - sadly not available anymore)

This is good ram, timings wise its def b die, dual rank clocks terribly but timing wise actually fine so maybe aim for 4000 cl14

Not planning on CPU OC. Just didnt know any better Mainboard, as i used the 10th Version of the same Mainboard.

So i am still unsure now, intel i9-12900k seems fine but i heard it has big problems with heat. Whats the benefit now compared to an AMD Ryzen 5900x, there doesnt seem to be a huge price diff, but AMD is slighty cheaper..

The extreme heat claim is a bit overblown. Under normal usage a good 280 or 360 AIO will have no problem dealing with the heat.

If you are really concerned, get an i9-12900 and use a b660 or h670 motherboard. The cpu is rated for 65W - 205W heat output at stock settings. An amount easily handled by an NH-D15 or Dark Rock Pro 4. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.