I5-9600k overclock

I have a 9600k on a z390 tomahawk. I have overclocked it to 5.1 ghz all core on my corsair hydro h50 and im reaching 87 celcius tops while running cinebech r15 and i got a score of 2348. I have also overclocked my ram from 3200 to 4000. I was just wondering if my 9600k has any more potential.

1 minute ago, Dabonthehaters_tm said:

corsair hydro h50

Maybe but this is your limiting factor. What is the temperature while running Prime95?

3 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Maybe but this is your limiting factor. What is the temperature while running Prime95?

After running it for 2 min it har peaked at 94 calcius

If you're just overclocking for fun, then yeah, getting a better cooler will help.

However, if you're actually planning on using the system, you're well into diminishing-returns territory. I guarantee you that even if you can push another 200MHz, you'd never notice it outside of running benchmarks. Getting to 5GHz+ on Coffee Lake was always near the limit, and the architecture doesn't scale that well beyond 5GHz in real world use cases.

Yea the aio needs upgrading, tbh any decent dual tower will obliterate a 120mm aio, have a look at the fuma 2, peerless assasin 120, macho, and mugen 5 as upgrade options

If you wanna go the aio route have a look at the liquid freezer 240 and 280 as liquid freezer are atm king of value + performance