1a8 and 1b8 LiveKernelEvents crashing the GPU Drivers, Please Help.

So I've been having issues with my 3 y.o. build these days. It sometimes crashes but the sound and sometimes the numlock seems to be working so it indicates that this probably is an NVIDIA driver issue. That's why I tried DDU'ing 3 times and rolling back to the 496.13 driver, the same thing happened. I've attached some files to make it easier. My specs are 2600x/16GB 2933MHz 1.37V/MSI Armor 1660ti/ASUS ROG B450-F GAMING II (BIOS 4602, Updated yesterday, didn't help with this situation) . This issue happened a lot of times before, I actually switched to the new MOBO because of issues like this and some POST issues aswell. Control panel indicates that these are LiveKernelEvents (1a8 and 1b8) type. Should I try to reseat the gpu? I've tried a lot of things with the driver and I hate it crashing in the middle of a video. Thanks for your help.

Ekran görüntüsü 2022-01-15 092253.jpg

Ekran görüntüsü 2022-01-15 092834.jpg

Ekran görüntüsü 2022-01-15 092913.jpg

Ekran görüntüsü 2022-01-15 092929.jpg

Eventvwr.evtx

I'd try rolling back even farther, to something like driver version 473. A lot of people, especially multi monitor users, have been reporting driver issues for months. I personally haven't had any issues, but I've seen a lot of people report similar type things, where the screens just go black. It's worth a try at least. 

10 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I'd try rolling back even farther, to something like driver version 473. A lot of people, especially multi monitor users, have been reporting driver issues for months. I personally haven't had any issues, but I've seen a lot of people report similar type things, where the screens just go black. It's worth a try at least. 

Well, I use dual monitors aswell and my screens just go black like theirs. I guess I should try doing just that, I rolled back to this driver because FH5 doesn't give that pop-up where it says it's outdated drivers and stuff but you can skip that so no problem. Thank you very much for that, I'll update you on the situation. One last thing, are they getting LiveKernelEvents aswell? And why isn't NVIDIA taking care of these issues, they persisted through a lot of these driver versions... Thanks a lot. 

Edited by EfeKamil

5 minutes ago, EfeKamil said:

One last thing, are they getting LiveKernelEvents aswell?

That I'm not sure of. I just know that I've seen many people on Reddit and on here have black screen issues when using drivers newer than September.

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That I'm not sure of. I just know that I've seen many people on Reddit and on here have black screen issues when using drivers newer than September.

Downloading 472.12 right now. I guess I should use DDU again? And If you find one of those posts on Reddit can you forward it to here? Thanks again!

3 minutes ago, EfeKamil said:

Downloading 472.12 right now. I guess I should use DDU again? And If you find one of those posts on Reddit can you forward it to here? Thanks again!

Yeah you should use DDU again.

As for the reddit page, 

If you look in the responses, a number people talk about flicker and black screens frequently with that driver, and how it's not fixed from the previous driver update (496.13). 

9 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah you should use DDU again.

As for the reddit page, 

If you look in the responses, a number people talk about flicker and black screens frequently with that driver, and how it's not fixed from the previous driver update (496.13). 

472.12, same thing happened except the screens stayed on.The music keeped on playing... It's the 3rd time It's happening today and I'm starting to get worried. Should I try to reseat the GPU or stuff like that? Or are we confident that this issue is because of the Driver? image.png.f1a10e70990f08959bb34cef44927909.pngimage.png.ac256d587cbd8972faf3f4fdd46e27f7.pngimage.png.b48e03a980eae68cf9025cb12b9277ba.pngimage.png.9153c83754b8562e37f414703869eb60.png

59 minutes ago, EfeKamil said:

472.12, same thing happened except the screens stayed on.The music keeped on playing... It's the 3rd time It's happening today and I'm starting to get worried. Should I try to reseat the GPU or stuff like that? Or are we confident that this issue is because of the Driver? image.png.f1a10e70990f08959bb34cef44927909.pngimage.png.ac256d587cbd8972faf3f4fdd46e27f7.pngimage.png.b48e03a980eae68cf9025cb12b9277ba.pngimage.png.9153c83754b8562e37f414703869eb60.png

If changing the driver changes exactly what breaks, then odds of it being a hardware issue are very low. reverting back to that driver should have fixed the issue if it was the problem, so it's likely something else software related. This is the point I would start thinking about doing a fresh Windows install. There might be a corrupted Windows file, and diagnosing one of those is almost impossible. A fresh install would eliminate software as the issue as a whole.

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If changing the driver changes exactly what breaks, then odds of it being a hardware issue are very low. reverting back to that driver should have fixed the issue if it was the problem, so it's likely something else software related. This is the point I would start thinking about doing a fresh Windows install. There might be a corrupted Windows file, and diagnosing one of those is almost impossible. A fresh install would eliminate software as the issue as a whole.

Welp I hope it's not a GPU issue : / Doing a fresh install is something I thought about for a long time, but I have so many documents, games and other stuff. Are there any other commands/drivers/stuff we could try? Thanks for your help.

1 minute ago, EfeKamil said:

Welp I hope it's not a GPU issue : / Doing a fresh install is something I thought about for a long time, but I have so many documents, games and other stuff. Are there any other commands/drivers/stuff we could try? Thanks for your help.

I mean, I saw some people saying that if you change a setting in the driver, its a lot more stable. Open up the Nvidia Control Panel, go to "Change resolutions" and click "Customize". Check the box saying "Allow Resolutions not exposed by the display" and see if that fixes it. 

It's worth a shot, but I wouldn't expect it to fix anything. 

As for other things to try before doing the full reinstall, this is beyond my expertise, since if a DDU or two can't fix an issue, I'm going straight for my Windows 10 installation media. Granted, I keep very good backups, so getting up and running in a new Windows install takes me about an hour.

6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I mean, I saw some people saying that if you change a setting in the driver, its a lot more stable. Open up the Nvidia Control Panel, go to "Change resolutions" and click "Customize". Check the box saying "Allow Resolutions not exposed by the display" and see if that fixes it. 

It's worth a shot, but I wouldn't expect it to fix anything. 

As for other things to try before doing the full reinstall, this is beyond my expertise, since if a DDU or two can't fix an issue, I'm going straight for my Windows 10 installation media. Granted, I keep very good backups, so getting up and running in a new Windows install takes me about an hour.

Keeping good backups, nice idea actually. Btw just did what you said, let's give it as shot. I'll update you on the situation. Thank you so so much for using your precious time to help me.