Moveing a Virtual machine to another virtual machine.

Gombel

Hey LTS - First off, I'm not sure if this post belongs in here, but I felt like this subforum on LTS fitted the best. - Otherwise, let me know!

I'm trying to move my Linux Virtual machine that is currently running on WSL (windows subsystem for Linux) to another VM (Oracle Virtual Machine). - The reason behind this is, I'm tired of not having a dynamic Ip-address for my WSL, so I'd like to move it to an oracle virtual machine. 

I'm at a point where it would be annoying just to create a whole new virtual machine from the bottom, since I'd lose all my current directories, files, etc. So I'd like to import/move everything from my WSL virtual machine to my Oracle virtual machine. But what's the best way to do this, and is it even possible?

I hope you guys understand my question. Thanks in advance! 🙂

I've not used WSL but is it not as simple as moving Linux to Linux?  Install your new copy of Linux then move your home directory files over to it?

This has always been the beauty of Linux for me, all your user file and configuration are in a single folder easily moved between PCs.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7