R5 3600 95C Under Load Temps, 60C Idle, Massive Performance Problems W/Kraken M22 Out of Knowhere

Jqro_

Just our of nowhere, my under load CPU temperatures have gone up to 95 degrees, not below or exceeding of it. It has been decreasing performance allot and Id like to know where to start on troubleshooting.

I have had temperature problems since the moment my PC Turned on, with high idle temperatures in the 50s and 60's, but load temps were good under 80 degrees so It didn't matter.

Playing my favorite games (Forza, Flight Simulator) The temperatures immediately, just when launching go to 95 degrees. My performance has decreased in the 40% range since Ive noticed the temperature and performance problems. This occurs when video editing in premiere too.

I have replaced the cooler before and its made no difference. I have taken off the front panel of the case and it makes no temperature difference. I have also re reapplied thermal paste and resenting the cooler to no difference as well. My GPU (3070TI) Never gets over 55 degrees regularly so the gpu cant be affecting it much. The pump is running at full speed there are any other troubleshooting steps I could take before buying things would be great.

So im wondering if Ive always had a bad CPU and now its gotten worse, or the cooler is on its last legs? Thanks

CPU - 3600

Cooler - NZXT Kraken M22

Case - NZXT H510 Elite, (2X 140MM Push fans, 2X 120MM Pull fans, one is the CPU Rad)

GPU - 3070TI Gigabyte

Ram - 3600MHZ 16GB Corsair Vengeance

120mm rad is pretty much useless. Even a single tower air cooler can beat that. H510 Elite case is notorious for suffocating components. With a 3600 alone, it might be okay, but I'd be willing to bet the majority of your heat issues started when you got your hands on that 3070 Ti. That card puts out way to much heat for this case to handle.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1. From what i've heard that aio is not that great... some air coolers can beat it

2. H510. is that meme all over again...... this is more or less a glass box.

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

120mm rad is pretty much useless. Even a single tower air cooler can beat that. H510 Elite case is notorious for suffocating components. With a 3600 alone, it might be okay, but I'd be willing to bet the majority of your heat issues started when you got your hands on that 3070 Ti. That card puts out way to much heat for this case to handle.

I would agree, but I have tried taking the front panel off the case and there is no temperature difference. And I would also agree that the m22 is not really enough with my components, but ive tried normal air coolers, and have replaced this one once before and it has made no difference.

1 minute ago, Albert F said:

1. From what i've heard that aio is not that great... some air coolers can beat it

2. H510. is that meme all over again...... this is more or less a glass box.

Ill say the same thing I said to Chris

but I have tried taking the front panel off the case and there is no temperature difference. And I would also agree that the m22 is not really enough with my components, but ive tried normal air coolers, and have replaced this one once before and it has made no difference.

I would suspect the pump isn't actually working, or that it's clogged and not moving water through the fins.  You say the pump works but are you sure?

The metal plate on the bit that sits on the cooler may be enough to keep the cpu at 60c at idle, but it seems it can't keep the cpu cool under load.

You also say that you tried air coolers and you get same big temperature ... try again with one and put your finger on the heatsink base above the cpu ... if the cpu is truly at 90c you wouldn't be able to keep the fingers on the heatsink.  So you could test and see if it's not actually some faulty sensor or bad software.

Just now, therealjaro said:

Ill say the same thing I said to Chris

but I have tried taking the front panel off the case and there is no temperature difference. And I would also agree that the m22 is not really enough with my components, but ive tried normal air coolers, and have replaced this one once before and it has made no difference.

ok... what kind of thermal paste did you use, how much did you use and did you peal the little sticker from the aio?

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

I would suspect the pump isn't actually working, or that it's clogged and not moving water through the fins.  You say the pump works but are you sure?

The metal plate on the bit that sits on the cooler may be enough to keep the cpu at 60c at idle, but it seems it can't keep the cpu cool under load.

BIOS Says its running at 1500Rpm and its set to always be at full speed.

2 minutes ago, Albert F said:

ok... what kind of thermal paste did you use, how much did you use and did you peal the little sticker from the aio?

It has been pealed 🙂 The paste is Arctic MX4. ofc I dont know exactly how much I used but it was a few squirtsin the middle, about a medium amount

A dead pump would be my guess. What does HWmonitor report your pumps RPM? The R5 3600 chip runs pretty cool, even a 120mm AIO should be fine. 

Just now, Founders said:

A dead pump would be my guess. What does HWmonitor report your pumps RPM? The R5 3600 chip runs pretty cool, even a 120mm AIO should be fine. 

Bios says its running at 1500rpm. I cant seem to find it in HWinfo?

3 minutes ago, therealjaro said:

BIOS Says its running at 1500Rpm and its set to always be at full speed.

Is that the PUMP or is that the FANS on the radiator?

Put your fingers on the bit that sits on top of the CPU, try to feel if there's some vibrations or noise from the pump.  

Or pull out the power cable from the pump, put it back in, see if there's some noise change.

9 minutes ago, Founders said:

6 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Put your fingers on the bit that sits on top of the CPU, try to feel if there's some vibrations from the pump.  

Or pull out the power cable from the pump, put it back in, see if there's some noise change.

Yea its vibrating.

Can I unplug the pump while its running?

Sorry, yes your right that was the fan speed. Pump is at 4400rpm

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Put your fingers on the bit that sits on top of the CPU, try to feel if there's some vibrations from the pump.  

Took out the cable, the temperature is increasing significantly...

9 minutes ago, Founders said:

4400RPM Pump speed reported in hwinfo, took me a second to find it.