Z450 - A pro 4*8g memory not working

Some configurations may have issues with 4 sticks when XMP is enabled.

it puts more stress on the memory controller and sometimes the memory controller can't handle it.

So it's an issue you can't fix,unless you return the RAM kit and replace it with 2 sticks of 32GB or disable XMP in the BIOS.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Assuming you're using a 10th gen CPU on a Z490 board, the CPUs are not rated for DDR4-3200. The i7 and i9 parts are rated for DDR4-2933 and the i5 and i3 parts for DDR4-2666. Anything above that is considered overclocking and there's a chance that the memory controller on the CPU can't handle 4 sticks running above the rated speed. Usually, Intel does fine with high memory speeds and having all the slots populated, but sometimes the IMC isn't that great.

Have you bought two 16gig kits or one 32gig? That can sometimes be a problem, but as YoungBlade said you are not guaranteed that xmp is working.

Thank you for you're reply but I checked and its already disabled 

4 hours ago, Vishera said:

Some configurations may have issues with 4 sticks when XMP is enabled.

it puts more stress on the memory controller and sometimes the memory controller can't handle it.

So it's an issue you can't fix,unless you return the RAM kit and replace it with 2 sticks of 32GB or disable XMP in the BIOS.

4 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

Assuming you're using a 10th gen CPU on a Z490 board, the CPUs are not rated for DDR4-3200. The i7 and i9 parts are rated for DDR4-2933 and the i5 and i3 parts for DDR4-2666. Anything above that is considered overclocking and there's a chance that the memory controller on the CPU can't handle 4 sticks running above the rated speed. Usually, Intel does fine with high memory speeds and having all the slots populated, but sometimes the IMC isn't that great.

Thank you for you're reply seems fair to me 

2 hours ago, Anden said:

Have you bought two 16gig kits or one 32gig? That can sometimes be a problem, but as YoungBlade said you are not guaranteed that xmp is working.

I bought 16gig kits and after 6 month I bought an extra 16gig kit to make it 32 

12 minutes ago, Sagittarius A said:

I bought 16gig kits and after 6 month I bought an extra 16gig kit to make it 32 

Can you return it or use it in other system that you have?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

16 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Can you return it or use it in other system that you have?

No I bought them from amazon and unfortunately I live outside the US 

thank you for your help