Is there a way to ignore the no-gpu-detected speaker error?

First of all: yes I know I don't need to connect the motherboard speaker. I still prefer to have it on, in case something actually goes wrong someday.

I've built a sort of mini-home-server-nas, running windows 10, on a ASRock B560M-ITX/ac.

The problem is, I run it without a monitor attached (headless). I've set up Remote desktop for those times I do need to get in.

But, whenever I disconnect the monitor, it makes a horrible 5 long beep sound at every boot (no gpu detected). It still works fine though, it does also slow the boot down somewhat.

I would like to keep the speaker in, because I like to boot beep in this case (useful to know if my WOL was detected by sound), and in case something goes wrong.

I can't find a "ignore gpu" setting or something like that, anywhere in the bios.

Should this exist? I did find the boot-beep and can turn that on and off, but the 5-beep error for no GPU, I cannot find a way around yet.

Thanks!

I'm dutch, so feel free to correct any spelling mistakes I might make.  I try to do the best I can!

Spoiler

CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K GPU: Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI PSU: Corsair HX1000 V2 MEM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz  COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb +1tb NVME / Samsung 840EVo 1tb / HGST Ultrastar 10tb

I had a similar problem with my GTX970, it would beep on boot unless a DVI monitor was plugged in (I was using DP only).   

There used to be a boot with errors option, but not sure if the B560 has anything like that..

Do you have a GPU installed or do you have a AMD CPU with a gpu included?   

If it was me, being used a NAS it should rarely be restarted or powered off so I would live it with, use it as a way to make sure it is booting properly, 3 more seconds to the boot shouldn't matter for a NAS 🙂

It's actually an Intel i3 with no extra GPU. But when I connect any monitor to the onboard it doesn't give me those beeps.

I'm dutch, so feel free to correct any spelling mistakes I might make.  I try to do the best I can!

Spoiler

CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K GPU: Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI PSU: Corsair HX1000 V2 MEM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz  COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb +1tb NVME / Samsung 840EVo 1tb / HGST Ultrastar 10tb

5 minutes ago, Delano.888 said:

It's actually an Intel i3 with no extra GPU. But when I connect any monitor to the onboard it doesn't give me those beeps.

I read it as B550 for some reason.   yah it is telling you no monitor is connected for the non-technical people they make them beep.  Live with it or unplug the speaker is my suggestion.. someone else might know another option..  

Just wanted to give an update if someone in the future runs into the same issue.

I bought a "DisplayPort Headless Ghost Display Emulator" from Amazon, which is a tiny little displayport (also available in hdmi) dongle, which tricks the pc into thinking there's a monitor attached.

Which solved my problem! No more annoying beeps at the start, and the error beeps stay intact! So solved, and happy! 🙂

Spoiler