Can I post a link to a website I'm working on? HDMI 2.1 database

AlexDicy
Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

Unfortunately no, as this would go against the advertisement rules of personal websites as you noted. 

Techquickie's video, titled "HDMI 2.1 Isn't What It Seems" and a comment under the video inspired me on creating a website listing monitor's specs, in particular, HDMI features, which in my opinion can help with the situation of HDMI 2.0/2.1 standard

image.thumb.png.e310e1216e9238f1e79a874dcab967b0.png

I've coded almost every fundamental page for the website, and I'm currently working on a Submit/Feedback page.

My question is: when the website is ready, can I publish a post here in the forums and link to it?

I'm discouraged by this rule in particular:

• Self-promotion of personal websites or content (YouTube/Twitch/etc) is only allowed on your own profile page or where appropriate (such as videos demonstrating issues for troubleshooting purposes, and in subforums that permit posting videos per subforum posting guidelines).

Unfortunately no, as this would go against the advertisement rules of personal websites as you noted. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

16 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Unfortunate. Thank you

Since the "HDMI 2.1 certification" doesn't exist, what might be more valuable is if such a site could provide a clear overview of the features that are supported such as max. bandwidth, VRR, ALLM etc.

Also something of that spirit seems to exist: https://www.displayninja.com/hdmi-2-1-monitor-list/

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

9 hours ago, tikker said:

if such a site could provide a clear overview of the features that are supported

Yes, that's what I had in mind. The monitor's page shows if a particular function is supported by the monitor.

I'd also like to add a page like the one you've linked, to search through all the monitor's, preferably using checkboxes for supported features