Need help with the setup

I'm planning on dipping into mining again. I used to mine with just my own pc back in the day, however, now I'm planning to get a separate rig and I have few questions so I won't over spend.

1) I'm thinking of getting 3000 series cards and hopefully, the next gen amd/intel/nvidia in the future. what should be the minimum cpu and mobo should I get?

2) So I'm planning to start with 2 to 3 gpu and add another 2-3 after 6 months. What's available to me are either 3060 ti non lhr(around $860-900 tax included a pop) or 3070 lhr (around $900) or 3060 non lhr(around $680). I've already check online calculators but I still can't decide which first 3 should I get. So is it worth it to buy 3070 lhr variant?

4 hours ago, kitnoman said:

1) I'm thinking of getting 3000 series cards and hopefully, the next gen amd/intel/nvidia in the future. what should be the minimum cpu and mobo should I get?

Something that'll boot, and something that'll support the number of GPUs you plan to use.

4 hours ago, kitnoman said:

2) So I'm planning to start with 2 to 3 gpu and add another 2-3 after 6 months. What's available to me are either 3060 ti non lhr(around $860-900 tax included a pop) or 3070 lhr (around $900) or 3060 non lhr(around $680). I've already check online calculators but I still can't decide which first 3 should I get. So is it worth it to buy 3070 lhr variant?

If you are dead certain those 3060 Ti's are non-LHR, then they seem to yield a bit more hashrate than a 3070. The rest is up to you. You know the power draw and hence cost of operations and you have a guess at what current revenue is. You can calculate your return of investment time scale from that and see which one feels best, keeping in mind that it could all be gone tomorrow.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Thanks for the advance. Yes, for some reason we do have a lot more cards not being scalp here. I guess, that's one of the advantage living in a poorer country, even those who has a budget for a card would think twice before buying cards the cost as much as a used car, just to play games on.