Should I be concerned about these "Potential Issues / Incompatibilities"?

minato

Budget (including currency): ~900€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games not so much but mostly the Adobe Creative Cloud

https://at.pcpartpicker.com/user/aktai/saved/rhG3wP

I've been meaning to upgrade my PC for a while now but it seems like there are a couple of potential issues or incompatibilities, are those really issues and if so what can change from my specs to fix them?

Thank you very much!

Issues.jpg

Well, yes, you should be concerned.

Ryzen 5800x  comes WITHOUT a cpu cooler, so you have to buy cpu cooler separately. That adds to the build price. Decent coolers are around 40-60$  - I personally ordered Scythe Fuma 2 for mine... but it doesn't have to be that good : https://www.amazon.com/Original-Design-Towers-Cooler-SCFM-2000/dp/B07QMK5R45

Mugen 5 or Ninja 5 from Scythe are also very good and adequate for 5800x : Amazon.com: Scythe: Tower Cooler

Some AMD processors are only supported by motherboards from a specific BIOS version upwards, BUT a lot of motherboards come with BIOS Flashback feature which basically lets you update the BIOS without a CPU installed in the socket. You put the bios on a USB stick, plug it into a specific port and press a button and a minute or so later, the BIOS is updated. 

That specific motherboard you chose DOES NOT have this bios update feature, so if somehow the 5800x is not supported with the bios installed on the motherboard, you may have to find another CPU, and update the bios with that CPU.

This being said, there's nothing special about that motherboard, besides having wireless ... you can get better motherboards and cheaper motherboards with B550 chipset - you would only lose  pci-e 4.0 support for the 2nd m.2 connector and the pci-e slots connected to chipset, but you don't even have m.2 drives that are pci-e 4.0 so it's fine.

For example, if you want to stay with Asus, there's the 230$ Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) : Amazon.com: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi 6) AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Gaming Motherboard (PCIe 4.0, 2.5Gb LAN, BIOS Flashback, HDMI 2.1, Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header and Aura Sync) : Everything Else

Loads more stuff on the IO shield, you only lose 2 sata ports and the 2nd m.2 is pci-e 3.0 (so max 4 GB/s) ... that's all. It's worth the trade-off.  And this board supports BIOS Flashback.

9 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Ryzen 5800x  comes WITHOUT a cpu cooler, so you have to buy cpu cooler separately.

I selected the Kraken X73 since I have that already but for some reason it doesnt show up in the list sadly.

10 minutes ago, mariushm said:

For example, if you want to stay with Asus, there's the 230$ Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)

This one looks really nice, so it's got two slots for the m.2. drives? I've got the 1TB SN850 version from WD so I could use all of its potential on this motherboard since it's PCIe 4.0? 

And regarding the CPU compatibility I'd just have to get a BIOS update for this exact motherboard and it would run normally then? 

12 minutes ago, minato said:

I selected the Kraken X73 since I have that already but for some reason it doesnt show up in the list sadly.

This one looks really nice, so it's got two slots for the m.2. drives? I've got the 1TB SN850 version from WD so I could use all of its potential on this motherboard since it's PCIe 4.0? 

And regarding the CPU compatibility I'd just have to get a BIOS update for this exact motherboard and it would run normally then? 

The first pci-e x16 slot and the first M.2 connector on pretty much all AM4 motherboards are connected directly to pci-e lanes that come from CPU, so they're gonna be pci-e 4.0

Only the slots and the M.2 connectors connected to chipset will be different, as B550 (and A520) only do pci-e 3.0, while x570 chipset can do pci-e 4.0

Either way, you have 7 GB/s read and 4 GB/s write speeds... SEQUENTIAL. Only matters when you transfer a huge file or maybe capturing raw 4K or stuff like that.

In real world, you rarely read big files sequentially... you're doing loading games or operating system, you wouldn't notice these speeds.  And...even if you'd put it on pci-e 3.0, you'd still get around 3.5 GB/s write speeds ... so 3.5 GB vs 4 GB ... not that much difference.

14 hours ago, mariushm said:

The first pci-e x16 slot and the first M.2 connector on pretty much all AM4 motherboards are connected directly to pci-e lanes that come from CPU, so they're gonna be pci-e 4.0

Only the slots and the M.2 connectors connected to chipset will be different, as B550 (and A520) only do pci-e 3.0, while x570 chipset can do pci-e 4.0

Either way, you have 7 GB/s read and 4 GB/s write speeds... SEQUENTIAL. Only matters when you transfer a huge file or maybe capturing raw 4K or stuff like that.

In real world, you rarely read big files sequentially... you're doing loading games or operating system, you wouldn't notice these speeds.  And...even if you'd put it on pci-e 3.0, you'd still get around 3.5 GB/s write speeds ... so 3.5 GB vs 4 GB ... not that much difference.

Was really insightful, thank you for your time!