linus windows dual booting

This is my first time posting so someone please tell me if this is the wrong place.

So i wanted to dual boot windows and !pop os and by my understanding i can do that by first installing windows partitioning the disk and then installing Linux my question is will that impact performance and could i install two ssds in my motherboard and switch between them in the bios 

Thanks

I have my computer (ThinkPad P50) dual booting Linux Mint and Windows. I have each OS installed on a separate SSD and GRUB (the Linux boot manager) handles which OS I want to load (no need to go into the bios).

In my bios, I have GRUB set and the main boot, with the Windows boot manager behind it.

I also dual boot Mint and Windows. Most of my PCs use two SSDs but I have a couple that use one that just have a partition and have both on a single drive. Doesn't matter which you do really. Either way doesn't matter, there isn't a performance difference.

As mentioned many Linux distros will include Grub which will give you a boot menu when you turn on your PC, no need to use the BIOS to select the OS. I typically modify this menu to only wait 3 seconds rather than 10 before selecting the default option so the boot time isn't slowed down so much (waiting for input).