Question about performance

Which of the following processors have the best performance for games and other stuff overall

- i7 4790 (not the ''k'') Version

- i5 7400

Thanks in advance

What does "other stuff" mean, specifically?

i5 7400's four cores without hyperthreading are going to increasingly hold it back. The i7 4790 at least is 4c/8t which may buy it a bit more life in some tasks, and it has higher clocks, but the 7400 has slightly superior IPC from being a couple generations newer.

These parts are now 7 years old (4790) and almost 5 years old (7400) and buying either one of them in the present day is a very questionable decision. If you already have a system that is compatible with one of these chips and are looking to "upgrade", you are probably better off just saving your money to move to a new platform. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

What does "other stuff" mean, specifically?

i5 7400's four cores without hyperthreading are going to increasingly hold it back. The i7 4790 at least is 4c/8t which may buy it a bit more life in some tasks, and it has higher clocks, but the 7400 has slightly superior IPC from being a couple generations newer.

These parts are now 7 years old (4790) and almost 5 years old (7400) and buying either one of them in the present day is a very questionable decision. If you already have a system that is compatible with one of these chips and are looking to "upgrade", you are probably better off just saving your money to move to a new platform. 

Oh i see, sorry for not being specific, i just meant more fps in games in general, i wont buy any of them i have them both, i have 2 old computers and have this 2 processors to choose. Thanks for your explanation