Games started randomly stuttering

Kenedi

Hi.

Yesterday i wanted to play some farming simulator 19 with my friends.I have like 55 hours in the game without any problems but yesterday when i started playing the game the game was lagging so much it was unplayable.I tought it was something running in the background but it wasn't so i decided to restart my pc and after that it still lagged.I tried other games like apex legends and rocket league and the same things happened there.In rocket league i had huge stuttering and in apex the game run 80-110 fps but it felt like 30fps.So i reinstalled windows and all my drivers but its still lagging, im really out of options.My pc temps are good,and i haven't OC anything.Can someone please help!

my specs are:

ryzen 5 2600x

XFX rx480 8 gb

corsair vengeance lpx 16gb 3200mhz

Gigabyte b450 Aorus m

NZXT 600W power supply

• 3 months later...

I know this is a bit old, but I, too, just started having this issue. What SSD do you have? I only started having these issues after a hiccup (?) with my MX500. Not sure if that is the case, but I do have my game files installed on there. Not really sure how to determine that.

My Specs are:

Ryzen 5  3600
MSI B450-A Pro Max

RTX 2060 Super
Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Corsair CX 550 power supply

6 hours ago, Sans said:

I know this is a bit old, but I, too, just started having this issue. What SSD do you have? I only started having these issues after a hiccup (?) with my MX500. Not sure if that is the case, but I do have my game files installed on there. Not really sure how to determine that.

So I found my issue. Discord's overlay started messing with my games with this last update.