How can i format an old HDD that was from an old laptop and still has the partitions for the OS, C and D drives?

khazad

The HDD was from my dad's old laptop and when it stopped working a technician just removed the drive and put it in a sata to usb adapter, and now i wanna use the HDD as a normal storage drive but it has the 3 partitions and i can't just delete any program or windows files.

I don't know if by just right clicking and selecting format on the main drive would delete the other 2 drives.

Also i found that i can use dban, already burned it in a flash drive since i've never used it i don't know if it'll be safer to unplug my personal SSD and HDD from my pc.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16Gb 3200Mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | SSD: Crucial MX300 275Gb | HDD: WD Black 2Tb | Monitor: LG 27GL83A

26 minutes ago, Caroline said:

control panel > computer management > disk management 

find the drive, right click and delete all volumes (partitions) then format free space as NTFS or whatever filesystem you use

That worked, thanks!

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16Gb 3200Mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | SSD: Crucial MX300 275Gb | HDD: WD Black 2Tb | Monitor: LG 27GL83A