Weird front I/O cables

Chocolate_Moose
Go to solution Solved by Chocolate_Moose,

Taking another look at it I don’t think they’re compatible with my motherboard. At first I though the ports were usb 2.0 but upon closer inspection they’re 1.0. I completely forgot about the FireWire port, that’s also not compatible. Thank you for your help and time. 

I’m building my first rig and while the manual is a god-send, I can’t seem to figure out how to connect my front usb cables and two led indicators labeled with the Roman numerals for one and two. Regarding the USB’s, The connectors aren’t labeled the same as in the manual (vcc, USB0+, USB0-, etc.) and are instead labeled (1)+5v, (1) ground,(2) ground, (2)-D, etc. Oddly enough there are two groups of wires that come out of the front usb I/0.  The second group of wires are labeled, TPB-,TPA-,TPB+,TPA+,VG and VP. I’m about to put it up to the case just being older than the motherboard and incompatible, but I’d like to connect it if I can. The same goes for the Roman numeral indicators (my best guess at what they are would be hhd 1 and 2).
Thanks in advance,

Chocolate

F1772A22-1D62-45EE-8B8E-4D7F10701935.jpeg

11 minutes ago, HQuan said:

Do you still keep the mobo manual? If then the manual will show what does that cable means.

I build like hundred of PC but I still need a help of manual.

I did and it doesn’t mention these connectors anywhere. It talks about connecting front USB ports but the labels/connectors are different.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate_Moose said:

I did and it doesn’t mention these connectors anywhere. It talks about connecting front USB ports but the labels/connectors are different.

Probably something worth listing in your original post but what case is it? Based on the silver stamped steel in the picture its looking like its quite old or very cheap. 

The second group of wires is for a Firewire port.  

For the USB, VCC is the same as +5V and USB0/1+ and USB0/1- are the same as D+ and D- or Data+ and Data-.

Taking another look at it I don’t think they’re compatible with my motherboard. At first I though the ports were usb 2.0 but upon closer inspection they’re 1.0. I completely forgot about the FireWire port, that’s also not compatible. Thank you for your help and time. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate_Moose said:

Firewire? FIREWIRE? does it burn?

Spoiler

(no just joking lol) that's quite old, your mobo still have that?