Letting a laptop take over Monitor/peripherals, I can't find a solution.

Ratfor

Budget (including currency): 250$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So, I have a desktop PC, with monitors (2 displayport) and peripherals (usb). What I want to do, is sit down at my desk, plug in my laptop with 1 cable (usb c, thunderbolt 4), and have the laptop take over the displays and usb peripherals automatically. I'd settle for a button press, or even only taking over 1 monitor. But I can't find a KVM or other solution that allows for Thunderbolt in and Displayport in, to displayport out. 

It's possible there's some high end enterprise solution that I just can't see. Budget really comes down to "Be cheaper than buying a new monitor keyboard and mouse" because regular thunderbolt docks do exist. 

I can't find anything even Close to an elegant solution. Which seems odd to me, I can't be the first person to want to dock a work laptop at a home setup. I must be missing something obvious. 

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide!

I've struggled with this for a while, and problem is that there isnt a great all in one solution

Your best bet for a "seamless" solution would be to get a KVM that fits your requirements and also a thunderbolt dock

I've been just switching some peripherals over to my dock using a usb extension and super careful cable management 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

48 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I've struggled with this for a while, and problem is that there isnt a great all in one solution

Your best bet for a "seamless" solution would be to get a KVM that fits your requirements and also a thunderbolt dock

I've been just switching some peripherals over to my dock using a usb extension and super careful cable management 

Yeah I've considered this, I'm running into that a dual output displayport kvm, or even two single displayport kvms, I could nearly buy a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, making the whole thing a bit moot. Any suggestions on a dual displayport output thunderbolt dock?

2 minutes ago, Ratfor said:

Yeah I've considered this, but for the cost of a thunderbolt dock with 2 outputs, and a kvm that does two outputs (or even two single DisplayPort kvms), I could buy a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, and just have an entire second setup. 

lol yep. It's more of a convenience fee.

The USB extension solution has been doing fine enough, albeit a little annoying 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P