PC crashes after boot, works perfectly fine after restart.

michaelschlz

PC specs:

Asrock x570 Taichi

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

RTX 3090 + RTX3080

500GB M.2 Boot SSD

1TB SATA SSD

4TB HDD

1200 Watt Corsair PSU

Hey guys,

So I've been having this weird issue for a while and it doesn't make any sense to me.

When I turn on my PC in the morning after turning it off the day before, it will boot into into windows - and then crash after like a minute or so.
There's no bluescreen or anything, it's as if someone switched off the power. It also comes with a little click sound from the PSU I believe.

Once the PC restarts (the crash resets my bios every time) it will run perfectly fine without any issues - until I shut it down again.

In the past I have fixed this issue once by switching my power supply from multi- to single rail,

which makes me think that it must be a  power supply issue again

Now to how the problem returned

I did some mining while I went on a holiday and returned to one of my 3090s being fried,

swapped it out for a 3080 and found that the booting problem had returned.

I'm trying to find out what the issue is here, I suspect it is the power supply but I'm not sure why it would crash only once after booting into windows.

I'm a 3D Designer and I constantly have my PC running at full load (including both GPUs) and I never have any power issues.

What could cause the PSU to crash after that initial boot?

I also resolved any critical issues I had in the event viewer, updated all my drivers, updated my bios etc etc.

Please let me know if anyone had this problem before or if you have any suggerstions.

thanks!