Duel Monitor Setup for Powerful PC

RocketNinja15

Budget (including currency): Reasonable 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and Blender/Productivity 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am look at a 2 monitor setup, and I have the LG 27GN800-B 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor in my parts list. I’m not sure if this is the best for what my PC is and the performance expected. 

Here is my PC list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ny6xht

I know some one running 2 oddesy g9 on a 3090 . So I guess it's more of what u want at this point. As you're hardware won't limit you.  But if you are planning on setting them on top of each other . U should consider a TV ( LG mini led as oled comes with alot of pain )

17 minutes ago, chaotic kronos said:

I know some one running 2 oddesy g9 on a 3090 . So I guess it's more of what u want at this point. As you're hardware won't limit you.  But if you are planning on setting them on top of each other . U should consider a TV ( LG mini led as oled comes with alot of pain )

I think i might do one horizontal and one vertical 

12 minutes ago, RocketNinja15 said:

Like should I move up to a 4K for one? 

Depends on what size screen you want. You want to pick a monitor that has the pixel density that you like, not based on resolution alone. 

IMO the perfect pixel density for ~3 feet away from a monitor is ~110PPI. Much less and you can easily count the pixels, and much higher you'll have to deal with the nightmare that is Windows Scaling. That PPI figure roughly translates to 1080P at 20.5", 1440p at 27", and 4k at 43". 

Pick the screen size you want, then pick a resolution that would make the pixel density close to one of those marks. 

As for setting them up, it really does depend on your workload. If you're a programmer or frequently work with very long documents/webpages, having one horizontal and one vertical works incredibly well (I ran a setup like that for ~1 year before my second monitor died and my replacements didn't go vertical). You will still want to have one horizontal because of the way most things are designed, but one vertical is very useful for the right type of workflow. However, if your primary work is blender and gaming, two horizontal panels is probably the better move. 

That said, you can feel free to change it up. I've had triple monitors for 4 years, and I've changed panel orientations and messed with layouts very frequently until I found what works for me. I think I had 4 major monitor permutations in the past 4 years, just trying to optimize how I use everything. Feel free to change things around until you find what works best for you. What works best for me probably won't work best for you, and vice versa. 

42 minutes ago, RocketNinja15 said:

Like should I move up to a 4K for one? 

The idea of multiple monitor setup its the same as your background.  There is no the right one or a bad one its what u personally like. The only thing to consider is you hardware limits and you pc won't hold you back so its purely what you like/ feel would suit you best 

You can also consider getting some monitor arms so you can modify orientation around until you like it. For your hardware, yes you could do 4K, but expect to need to upgrade to next flagship GPU every launch if you play AAA games. The two monitors you pick look good to me though

On 12/10/2021 at 11:02 AM, chaotic kronos said:

On 12/10/2021 at 12:01 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

Depends on what size screen you want. You want to pick a monitor that has the pixel density that you like, not based on resolution alone. 

IMO the perfect pixel density for ~3 feet away from a monitor is ~110PPI. Much less and you can easily count the pixels, and much higher you'll have to deal with the nightmare that is Windows Scaling. That PPI figure roughly translates to 1080P at 20.5", 1440p at 27", and 4k at 43". 

Pick the screen size you want, then pick a resolution that would make the pixel density close to one of those marks. 

As for setting them up, it really does depend on your workload. If you're a programmer or frequently work with very long documents/webpages, having one horizontal and one vertical works incredibly well (I ran a setup like that for ~1 year before my second monitor died and my replacements didn't go vertical). You will still want to have one horizontal because of the way most things are designed, but one vertical is very useful for the right type of workflow. However, if your primary work is blender and gaming, two horizontal panels is probably the better move. 

That said, you can feel free to change it up. I've had triple monitors for 4 years, and I've changed panel orientations and messed with layouts very frequently until I found what works for me. I think I had 4 major monitor permutations in the past 4 years, just trying to optimize how I use everything. Feel free to change things around until you find what works best for you. What works best for me probably won't work best for you, and vice versa. 

On 12/10/2021 at 1:01 PM, Jonathan Lee said:

You can also consider getting some monitor arms so you can modify orientation around until you like it. For your hardware, yes you could do 4K, but expect to need to upgrade to next flagship GPU every launch if you play AAA games. The two monitors you pick look good to me though

Lets say I wanted to go up to 4K on my main one, do you have any suggestions?

3 hours ago, RocketNinja15 said:

Lets say I wanted to go up to 4K on my main one, do you have any suggestions?

Iam planning to get msi optix meg381cqr plus

Once it becomes available in my country however idk if a 3090 could max run more than one of these . At its highly demanding. Its a ultrawide 32-34 inch I can't remember but seemed to cover alot of ground the  only bad thing about it is that it's not true hdr . 

But if I were you I would buy a g9 or g9neo it would be same price of a 2 good monitors or little bit cheaper . And u could run it as a dual monitor with 2 hdmi cables and u have true hdr