Please help

Joe_mac154
Go to solution Solved by Joe_mac154,

I solved the problem, the windows install on it was definitely bugged for some random reason, the ssd was too full to be able to do a clean install of windows and we couldn’t delete anything from the drive because of the previously mentioned problem. We went to bestbuy and got a new ssd and loaded windows onto it to replace the old one everything works fine and he got a small upgrade out of it lol. Thanks for all the suggestions and help!

My friends pc won’t launch most applications. They try to open and then crash after a second or two, this includes all games and some windows applications. I’ve tried alot of things such as switching ram out, uninstalling certain applications, and even attempting to reinstall windows which he can’t do because the application closes itself before it can even get started. I have no idea what this could be or how to fix the problem at this point. He can’t even uninstall programs from the control panel because the computer closes the uninstall before it can finish. Certain applications however do work such as google and discord these won’t crash for whatever reason. Any suggestions are welcome and wanted.

4 minutes ago, Joe_mac154 said:

My friends pc won’t launch most applications. They try to open and then crash after a second or two, this includes all games and some windows applications. I’ve tried alot of things such as switching ram out, uninstalling certain applications, and even attempting to reinstall windows which he can’t do because the application closes itself before it can even get started. I have no idea what this could be or how to fix the problem at this point. He can’t even uninstall programs from the control panel because the computer closes the uninstall before it can finish. Certain applications however do work such as google and discord these won’t crash for whatever reason. Any suggestions are welcome and wanted.

Try another hard drive or run a health test on the current one.

grab a USB stick and put a Portable CrystalDiskInfo on it and run it on the PC

Can you list some of the applications/games that exhibit this behavior? Also, where are they downloaded from (Microsoft Store apps or other source)? If they're all from the Microsoft Store, then there could be something wrong with your permissions, or you may need to try resetting the store/all apps.

1 hour ago, rmgdnz said:

Can you list some of the applications/games that exhibit this behavior? Also, where are they downloaded from (Microsoft Store apps or other source)? If they're all from the Microsoft Store, then there could be something wrong with your permissions, or you may need to try resetting the store/all apps.

Based on how discord works, and google both which I'm guessing you installed outside the microsoft store.  I would look ar repairs to things from the microsoft store. Try a reinstall of them as metioned above.

21 hours ago, dkoudijs said:

Based on how discord works, and google both which I'm guessing you installed outside the microsoft store.  I would look ar repairs to things from the microsoft store. Try a reinstall of them as metioned above.

hi, im the one with the problem. basically what's happening is when i launch any game, it attempts to launch and then after about 2 seconds it crashes. the launchers themselves on the other hand do not crash. whats also weird is if i open stuff like device manager, or even try to open certain windows in the settings to try and see whats happening, they crash. i downloaded Portable CrystalDiskInfo like the comment above suggested but when i would open that, it would crash. but task manager on the other hand wont crash. ive tried reinstalling a game to see if that helped and it just does the same thing as before.. ive also checked all my wires to make sure every thing is plugged in which it is and still i cant seem to find out a solution. 

Can you try other exe's like calculator, or notepad? Since this more sounds like a software issue vs. a hardware issue.

I had an issue like you are describing years ago with a client. It was a virus that was stopping exe's from launching.

You could try doing a system restore to a month ago or so and see if that helps out.

On 12/9/2021 at 9:32 AM, Joe_mac154 said:

attempting to reinstall windows which he can’t do because the application closes itself before it can even get started.

have you tried to clean install windows? I assume when you tried to reinstall windows you ran the exe file inside windows and not the clean install.

Edit:

Or you can try repairing windows .

RELOAD BEFOR QUOTING. I EDIT MY POST ALOT!

MARK MY POST AS THE ANSWER IF I HELPED.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | GPU: RTX 2070 Super | Mobo: MSI X470 Gaming Pro | RAM: Corsair vengeance 32GB 8x2 3200mhz CL16 | SSD: Samsung QVO 870 1TB | PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold 750 W 80+ Gold | Cooler: Thermaltake Contac Silent

12 | OS: Windows 11 Pro | Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rGR6gb
Displays: ViewSonic XG2401 23.6" 1920 x 1080 144 Hz 

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming i5-1130 RTX3050 16GB | OS: Windows 11 Pro

I solved the problem, the windows install on it was definitely bugged for some random reason, the ssd was too full to be able to do a clean install of windows and we couldn’t delete anything from the drive because of the previously mentioned problem. We went to bestbuy and got a new ssd and loaded windows onto it to replace the old one everything works fine and he got a small upgrade out of it lol. Thanks for all the suggestions and help!