Pc Build help/Tips for managing at current spec

Budget (including currency): £500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming/Streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Existing Parts: 

Mother board is a Gigabyte Z97P-D3

CPU is a Intel i5-4460 3.20GHz

GPU is a RTX 3060 Ti (won a raffle)

RAM is 2x 8gb DDR3

Also if anyone can offer help on the system in terms of running it with current spec it would be greatly appreciated.

completely new to building a pc I was originally gifted the pc by a friend and really want to turn it in to a beast machine :)

Do you have an SSD?

That's the best upgrade you can put in a system like that.  Install windows to the SSD And it'll run a lot faster.

Otherwise, you're gonna wanna save up a bit more and upgrade the rest of the system at once.  Any upgrades that'd work in that system wouldn't be worth the price.

Yes I have windows on a SSD 120gb with windows 10 loaded on the nice to know I'm not being a complete donut aha. To be honest the pc is relatively quick my main thing with it i haven't got a clue what direction to go in terms of upgrades would you recommend I upgrade CPU and Motherboard together?

trying to be cost effective but also knowing my GPU with need a muscly CPU if i am correct lol. 

3 minutes ago, Lewis1996 said:

Yes I have windows on a SSD 120gb with windows 10 loaded on the nice to know I'm not being a complete donut aha. To be honest the pc is relatively quick my main thing with it i haven't got a clue what direction to go in terms of upgrades would you recommend I upgrade CPU and Motherboard together?

trying to be cost effective but also knowing my GPU with need a muscly CPU if i am correct lol. 

First:  Quote people if you want them to see your replies.

You'd need:
CPU, Motherboard, RAM, and possibly a new case / PSU depending on what's in yours now.

And 500 quid ain't gonna cut it most likely, unless you skim somewhere.  

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

First:  Quote people if you want them to see your replies.

You'd need:
CPU, Motherboard, RAM, and possibly a new case / PSU depending on what's in yours now.

And 500 quid ain't gonna cut it most likely, unless you skim somewhere.  

Ahh right still learning

CPU would you recommend going down the AMD route or sticking with intel or is it just personal preference?

my PSU is a corsair CX500M 

also thank you for replying you have been a great help 😄

personal preference, both are damned good.

You'd probably want to step up past 500W for the PSU.   you'd be cutting it hella close. 

1 hour ago, ahmad13610 said:

cpu at least i5 11400f. ram 2x8gb dual channel also

i was thinking of saving ive seen a motherboard and cpu for £609 amd 5900x and a MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK reckon its worth it?