Foldable USB Keyboard

AAshooter42

I have been looking for a foldable keyboard that will withstand staying in a backpack.  Day to day uses require it not be bluetooth, the equipment I am involved with doesn't have the capability.  Keyboard can have either Micro USB or USB-C but the other side has to be USB-A to go into the device.  Not too worried about having a mouse on it but it would be a bonus and one less thing to rattle around in the backpack.  I have tried a couple options from different venders but haven't had good luck.  Wanting to know if anyone else has had better luck with a specific make, model or manufacturer.

try some from Goldtouch. they focus on ergonomic keyboards but all of the keyboards are foldable in half iirc

"hi 911? my grandma is on the floor and shes not responding to anything"
"have you tried turning it off and on again?"

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding, di-di-ding

12 hours ago, 732 said:

try some from Goldtouch. they focus on ergonomic keyboards but all of the keyboards are foldable in half iirc

I got one at my local thrift store for $9. Don't think it goes all in half.

Would maybe one of those 60% keyboards maybe work for your size issues? Is it just length you're looking to deal with?

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

-> Moved to Peripherals

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 12/9/2021 at 3:43 AM, Video Beagle said:

I got one at my local thrift store for $9. Don't think it goes all in half.

Would maybe one of those 60% keyboards maybe work for your size issues? Is it just length you're looking to deal with?

Yeah just the overall length is what i'm trying to find a solution for.

15 hours ago, AAshooter42 said:

Yeah just the overall length is what i'm trying to find a solution for.

then it comes down to if you need a num pad on the keyboard or not.

A little googling around says "Jelly Comb" is the brand name in foldables that a bunch of the BT only things on amazon are copying....the real ones seem to do both BT and USB

https://www.jellycomb.com/products/b003b-foldable-keyboard?variant=32901877629018

I don't think there's corded keyboards with built in mice/trackpads, but if you can use USB, you should be able to use wireless 2.4ghz stuff with usb dongles, so something like this might work:

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad-PC-connected/dp/B014EUQOGK/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=usb+media+keyboard&qid=1639218206&sr=8-3

or if typeability is your main concern, then maybe the 60% size gaming keyboards might work, size wise.

good luck 🙂

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎