New Rack Advice

Good time of day wherever you may be,

I'm looking to purchase 2(0r 3) new servers. The first would be to host my domains, and the second would be a cloud-accessible hybrid (SSD+HDD) or two separate smaller servers via nextcloud or similar programs. I'm not sure what the best equipment/brands and software would be for me, not sure if anyone has any insight they are willing to offer. Let me know if you have any questions! I've attached a few layout ideas I had below, any opinions are valid and appreciated. I'm a nube with the technical setup of all of this, my knowledge is in the physical hardware😂.

Thanks!

Server.drawio.png

Edit: Forgot to give numbers, Looking to have a small cache of SSD Storage for active projects(Partition 1:1-3TB Active), and then a larger Archival HDD portion(Partition 2:10-20TB Active). I'll only be populating a few drive sleds initially and expanding with time to fill. Not sure if i can combine both servers and both host and control the SAN racks in one chassis? Any thoughts on this idea? Thanks!

Normally put the UPS at the bottom of the rack. There heavy and help keep it steady.

What all are you hosting? How much storage do you need? 2-3 servers seems pretty overkill here to me, and I think a single server will be plenty. You can easily get something like a r720/r730 with a few vms, and a few big hdds for the listed storage needed.

42 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Normally put the UPS at the bottom of the rack. There heavy and help keep it steady.

What all are you hosting? How much storage do you need? 2-3 servers seems pretty overkill here to me, and I think a single server will be plenty. You can easily get something like a r720/r730 with a few vms, and a few big hdds for the listed storage needed.

Agreed. UPS at the bottom for weight and switch near the top for accessibility. And if you're only using 4-6 drive sleds long term (which is all you need to create the volumes you described in redundant arrays) you definitely only need a single server.

EDIT: APC is always my first choice for UPS'es just due to the features and brand reputation. If you're looking to go real cheap you could probably pickup a pretty decent used HP\Aruba switch that would fit the bill as well.