clocks

Indian pc builder

ok, so you know how when you clicked on the clock in windows 10 it showed you the long time in seconds along with the calendar, in windows 11, it just shows the calendar along with the notifications, how do i get the time in seconds back on the calendar window when i click on  my clock on my taskbar?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

23 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

great, although i would have preferred a solution that did not require getting rid of the windows 11 taskbar and just showed the clock, this works too

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

24 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

great, although i would have preferred a solution that did not require getting rid of the windows 11 taskbar and just showed the clock, this works too

You can see the seconds via the legacy Date & Time panel:

99574423_Screenshot2021-12-02221811.png.dae1cdb0939e253aec8ff9304df5e792.png

However, there is no option for the task bar.

I tried to dig and see what can be done, and I realized this they probably removed support seconds to avoid a refresh call (redraw taskbar) at every seconds. It could be done properly, for sure, they are optimization tricks as it was done before, however Windows 11 taskbar is new code. Hence why there is a step back in functionality. Insiders can enjoy some improvement over the official release, such as clock on the secondary displays. So Microsoft is definitely at work.

If I force seconds to show, It doesn't show on the taskbar, but it does on the notification tray:

1090867228_Screenshot2021-12-02221741.png.90b05a7c25caff0488c455019d9b1045.png

However, the seconds don't change. I have to close and reopen the calendar/notification to have it refresh the seconds.

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I tried to dig and see what can be done, and I realized this they probably removed support seconds to avoid a refresh call (redraw taskbar) at every seconds. It could be done properly, for sure, they are optimization tricks as it was done before, however Windows 11 taskbar is new code. Hence why there is a step back in functionality. Insiders can enjoy some improvement over the official release, such as clock on the secondary displays. So Microsoft is definitely at work.

If I force seconds to show, It doesn't show on the taskbar, but it does on the notification tray:

However, the seconds don't change. I have to close and reopen the calendar/notification to have it refresh the seconds.

yeah, i guess i will have to look at my apple watch every time i want to see the time in seconds

I'm running Win 11 with startallback software installed, and added a registry entry to show taskbar clock seconds, and it works without issue 🙂

I also miss the seconds showing the way they did in Windows 10, but at least there are ways to get them back if you really want them!

Win11 Desktop.jpg

On 12/2/2021 at 8:24 PM, GoodBytes said:

If you read the above post you can at least get the seconds to show and function normally on the taskbar itself, if people really miss it, this method works, and is pretty easy to apply.

16 hours ago, DynamiteOnFire said:

I'm running Win 11 with startallback software installed, and added a registry entry to show taskbar clock seconds, and it works without issue 🙂

I also miss the seconds showing the way they did in Windows 10, but at least there are ways to get them back if you really want them!

Win11 Desktop.jpg

where can i get the software?

4 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

where can i get the software?

The software is called 'startallback' and is made by the same developers as 'startisback'

Just search for either name, and you'll find their website, and software for download! 🙂

Startisback is made for Windows 10

Startallback is made for Windows 11