Motherboard help

Gonko

Hi guys. I am stuck choosing between the rog maximus hero z690 or a rog strix gaming WiFi - F z690. 

I am unclear on the real world benefits. I know one has more resistor phases on the cpu, but is it really needed. Even the strix board should handle mild overclocking, right? 

Components are below...

CPU will be a i9 12900k

Gpu is a asus strix 3090

1000w psu

32gb DDR5 ram

280mm aio 

Pc is due to be put together tomorrow or Friday and currently it has the rog strix f board specced in. But I am second guessing if the hero board is actually better for the components and performance. 

It will be a gaming setup, mainly sim racing. So high fps and eye candy running a 1440p ultra wide 21:9 is the order of the day on this one. 

Thank you for any help and pointers. 

Can't really help except to say that are there any online reviews for these boards yet? Those are usually the best sources of information in my opinion. And congrats on the new build. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

20 minutes ago, Gonko said:

Components are below...

CPU will be a i9 12900k

Gpu is a asus strix 3090

1000w psu

32gb DDR5 ram

280mm aio 

Judging by the small aio you arent overclocking so dont even bother with the strix boards and just get a z690a pro or z690 prime

Also ddr5 is a waste of money atm, you can just get some high speed ddr4 and thatll outperform ddr5 atm cause ddr5 isnt mature yet. Since you seem like the non overclocker type then look at ripjaws v 4000 cl18

If you are an overclocker and arent afraid of high volts then get a better aio and rams wise look at 3200 cl14 rams aka samsung b die or some ballistix 3600 cl16 aka micron e die. Both are good overclockers and do 4000+ easy

1 hour ago, Gonko said:

Hi guys. I am stuck choosing between the rog maximus hero z690 or a rog strix gaming WiFi - F z690. 

I am unclear on the real world benefits. I know one has more resistor phases on the cpu, but is it really needed. Even the strix board should handle mild overclocking, right? 

Components are below...

CPU will be a i9 12900k

Gpu is a asus strix 3090

1000w psu

32gb DDR5 ram

280mm aio 

Pc is due to be put together tomorrow or Friday and currently it has the rog strix f board specced in. But I am second guessing if the hero board is actually better for the components and performance. 

It will be a gaming setup, mainly sim racing. So high fps and eye candy running a 1440p ultra wide 21:9 is the order of the day on this one. 

Thank you for any help and pointers. 

Frist of all if u want any overclocking or good thermals under long sustain load you would need a larger aio . But however as from your pc parts  its better to go with a custom loop atleast for cpu while upfront would be more expensive than a aio .  An aio would cost you around 170-260 $ . While a customs loop would cost around 350-400 $( u could get it around 280-320 from ek classic ). But it gives you solid cooling better longevity and it makes it possible to watercool your gpu in the future if u wanted .