Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

USB Sim Card

fzgghh

I have a Galaxy S6 Tablet that has no SIM Card slot because I didnt need that at the time. However now I do and I was wondering if its possible to buy like a USB Stick that you insert a SIM card in that behaves just like it would in a LTE Tablet; meaning not just internet connection, also phone calls etc.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Portable+router+sim&crid=2CXW15S8YSQM3&sprefix=portable+router+si%2Caps%2C540&ref=nb_sb_noss

You will have to ensure the thing has the right network band support for your area/country. And it might not work at all if your carrier is one of those really anal about what consumer devices are allowed to work on their service.

Thats your homework to do. Good luck

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

The problem is more complicated than I think you realize. What @huilun02linked, a completely separate mobile access point is likely you're best bet.

What you're describing, just a port for a SIM card with a USB connection isn't going to work as the tablet itself is missing the modem, radios and antennas to actually connect to a mobile data network.  

5800x/3090

An alternative would be to get a cheap used smartphone to hold the sim and provide internet over hotspot for the tablet. This will allow you to take SMS and old school (non internet) calls on the phone. Also if the phone is locally sourced, you won't have to worry about network/device support.

The earlier suggestion I posted, you will probably miss out on SMS and old school calls.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.